Got pulled over on my skateboard, fined $138 plus 2 points on my license - court tomorrow, how can I beat this ticket?

Poor bastard probably had to skip paying his cell phone and internet to pay the fine…I guess we’ll find out when he gets back financially on his feet again…lol

3 Likes

My second theory is that he got locked up for contempt of court cause he brought is board …lol … Hastag Free@lennylogs

1 Like

I can see it now… dragged out while vigorously giving the (one finger) “proper signal” :wink:

5 Likes

its been postponed until november because i didnt physically print out the photographic evidence lol. could have proceeded without it but thought id have a better chance with it. bonus points for wasting more of the cops time by making him come to court 2x for this dumb ticket

i was tempted to but decided against it…maybe in november…

its not avoiding paying the ticket so much as the principle of getting pulled over on a skateboard…and the points on my license

plus it was pretty fun to defend myself in court: tumblr_o2q63xwBbv1u9u02so2_250

10 Likes

I’ve got contempt of court for saying I didn’t understand what was going on. Georgia blows

4 Likes

If the cop doesnt show up the second time say motion to dismiss the case. The cop has to be there in order for the case to continue.

2 Likes

Yup. Been there.

1 Like

Shoot if you can keep postponing this thing by 6 months, it’ll be 3 years later and you can say, “This was three years ago I haven’t gotten in trouble since…”

tenor

1 Like

unnamed

1 Like

Sender could come legally represent you. Hell you could both ride your boards there.

I suspect that particular cop would cite them for “driving without a license” in addition to the “no signalling” and anything else he could think up. The punishment/fine might be higher.

There are some jurisdictions where you are not required to signal if you are taking emergency action to avoid an imminent road hazard (or at least there were as of about 15 years ago). The problem is that it must be totally unpredictable…like a deer suddenly leaping in front of your vehicle. If it was visible in time for the driver to take controlled evasive action…like trash just sitting in the road…then that presumes the driver also had time to signal.

From my understanding of this section…

Screenshot_20180626-162255

This should becbecome the new standard in N.Y. since it is excluded because of track operation

article-0-12B5C903000005DC-768_634x372

3 Likes

The metadata associated with images and other recordings on a phone can be edited and/or faked. Might be considered, but not reliable evidence. The information on the ticket is about the only “hard” evidence available to the court.

Sorry to hear that bro. Three times I had police try to stop me on my board. First in NJ, second and third time on the west side highway bike lane. First 2 times I ignored them and kept moving (catch me bitches) third time I stopped cause I was curious as to what they’d say. They told me I have to kick and not use my motor. After expressing my frustration I walked my board across the street ( still in they view) got back on my board and continued on my way. Last time I stop for police. F. The police

1 Like

how it ended up?

Literally in the title of the thread bud.

Sorry to hear that… 8 years ago i was pulled in my eskate by a police, asking me where i bought it… now i feel like a delinquent avoiding any police contact.