Got scammed on the buy and sell section

Well I recently asked @Adam0311 to pay by friends and family, didn’t know it was against forum rules :confused:

Yeah, I’m gonna say no to that. There are a couple of vendors here that I have purchased from literally dozens of times. Sometime up to $600 - $800 per order. Why waste their money on fees?

There is so little profit margin in standard esk8 gear that its irresponsible to cost a vendor 3% just for the hell of it. Some people are trustworthy, some are not. For those people that have made hundreds of transactions without a blip, I would suggest its a waste of money to pay the fees. For new sellers, F&F is definitely NOT the way to go.

EDIT: In fact, I recently got a royal screwing when paying someone on the forums by specifically NOT using F&F. His paypal account got help, or so he said, and he couldn’t get to the money. He waited almost a week to refund the money, by that time it had crossed into a new billing period on my credit card so I got the pleasure of paying interest on a $1000 that he sold to someone else. Cost me $120.

The lesson here is be careful who you buy from, reward those sellers that practice good business, be leary of new sellers until they have proven themselves.

5 Likes

I’m just going to clear a few things up…

1. It is not against forum rules to use friends and family with individual transactions in PayPal (though it is frowned upon)

2. it is strongly advised to use goods and services w/ PayPal

3. @Lambjr088 @Pingo03 the moderators are currently working on compiling a list of trusted sellers on the forum, these sellers will be aloud to conduct group buys regardless of their level

5 Likes

Yeah don’t get me wrong there are good guys out there where you could probably trust your money with them but at the end of the day 3% can be split between the two parties and it would save a lot of headache. Especially on $500+ orders

good idea

4 Likes

I sold something here (board brake) and just said please include the 2.15 got PayPal fee and 2.37 shipping and gave my PayPal for payment.

I figured they would send as goods and services. But they sent as F&F. Figured the 2.15 was a tip of trust since it was sent F&F.

Shipped the next day. Got delivered never heard from the guy again lol. @Jreamer

4 Likes

A list with trusted sellers will help on this forum but you will have to sell a lot of stuff to proof your honesty but it might be a good solution to prevent people like me to lose 600usd to a complete stranger and probably never get the proper Eskate you wanted because the money for it got stolen

The username you better not buy from is MarkeyScott The name on his presumed Id is: Mikey Scott Villagimez And email adresse used on PayPal: [email protected]

To make a propper police report I need as much information of the guy as I can get, maybe the moderator do have more information about him? And please delete his account/thread so he can’t do the same on here anymore maybe he even scammed more people with the same board!

1 Like

Report him to his school

2 Likes

Make a police report with what you have. You can give them more information later…

Windsor Unified School District

Windsor Unified School District or WUSD is the public school district in Windsor, California. The district serves 5,400 students from kindergarten through high school. Its 2013 API score was 776.

https://www.cde.ca.gov/SchoolDirectory/details?cdscode=49753580000000

EDIT- Build a solid case, and then contact the school and police and his parents

All i need to solve this problem is a name. And a picture. And a shovel.

12 Likes

I just need a shovel

2 Likes

Nah, toss the kid in a jail cell for a week, make him understand in the real world you don’t steal shit. Then make his parents pay it back.

3 Likes

I’ll never use friends and family again after using it once on this forum and getting ripped off. Now I just use goods and services and pay a few dollars extra to cover the fees.

1 Like

you are too much man :rofl:

3 Likes

that won’t stop it from breeding. it has to stop breeding.

14 Likes

To stop it from breeding you have to chop his *****.

Oh wait there are kids on the forum. Shhhh, forget I said that. Oh look there, a unicorn! Ain’t that nice?

1 Like

To solve everyone’s problem is to not use F&F lol. Also use you bank account instead of CC when you can so you dont get into the same predicament as mmaner :slight_smile:

or hit him on the head with a shovel… a few times :rofl:

1 Like

Sombody just dox them and be done with it.

5 Likes