Graveyard of the fallen (components of course)

7 Likes

2 Likes

:boom: :hotsprings:

2 Likes

That was Madevoid by @makevoid lol

1 Like

how the heck did you kill all those motors? I have a tacon 160 last nearly 2000 miles (and still going) on a friction drive e-bike. I understand eboards are different than ebikes but still that’s a lot of dead motors.

What happened? Looks like a brand new enertion VESC

It was ^^, on my current first build I have a 6S setup running smoothly on FOC with esk8.de VESC and sensored 6374 motor. To configure it I ran motor + sensor detection and left the other FOC parameters as default… I thought I could do the same thing with Enertion’s VESC + the RSPEC 6372 on my new 10S setup but that wasn’t the case, the VESC caught fire after about 5 min, I should have monitored temperatures more frequently (opening and closing the enclosure takes time, and I was too amazed by the new build I just wanted to ride, I didn’t expect the VESC to fail so suddenly :confused: ) - Luckily I ordered 2 VESCS so now I’m running one (with the clear wrap tape instead of the black one) in BLDC, I don’t think I will switch to FOC with the RSPEC again soon unfortunately, unless somebody has a good FOC configuration for the 6372 and/or good tips on how to prevent failures… my enclosure now smells of burned PCB but at least I learned something :smiley:

edit: probably the default FOC VESC settings on the esk8.de one are better? Maybe I can try to export them via the XML file feature and import them into the Enertion VESC?

edit2: maybe it was a current problem coming from the battery? like a voltage drop that caused a spike in current (amp) draw? If that was the case probably a fuse between the battery and the vesc could have helped, the DRV is the chip that drives mosfets so … I don’t know… probably - I was using the anti-spark XT-90 key for switching on and od ff the circuit. If I had the anti spark switch like in the other board (got it from esk8.de too but) probably this would not have happened

1 Like

Yeah … I ride pretty hard :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Pretty easy todo plus those were all 50mm cans not 63mm

A mates HK ESC

4 Likes

holy sh#@, how did you do that?

Do you know those gaps between bridges usually downtown? They’re like 5-6 inches basically just huge cracks. I just hit it dead on like I usually do since I don’t have a tail. I didn’t even fall I just rode it out

Ouch, that had to suck.

1 Like

SNOW + ROAD SALT + BAD SEAL ENCLOSURE =

1 Like

is that a VESC-X?

Maybe… :wink:… It’s from @blasto trampa…

that must be the first documented failure then right?

1 Like

Well i blame my stupid friend for wanking on the motor cables, i didnt notice that he broke the weather proof seal.

Our road salt is nasty stuff, instantly corroded everything.

Our cars don’t usually last more than 10years

Yes… but has @blasto said it is a complete human error, and there is no esc who will survive this kind of treatment.

unless its in a nice pvc block