Group buy Europe - TorqueBoards 218mm Trucks

Alright guys, currently crunching numbers and will update the spreadsheet with new participants and all the data later in the evening (night) :slight_smile:

Edit: spreadsheet updated. The discount isn’t what we hoped for but I still took the lowest possible variant (out of 3) and went with that. Final price is out of budget for many that signed up. I need to get some sleep now but let me know your thoughts. Shall we proceed or not? Maybe wait for the Black Friday 2018, those trucks were $50 damn :slight_smile:

2 Likes

fight with @torqueboards through pm on here

bet you could argue him down to €60 per set if you really tried

Well I’m out! But thank you @SilentException for putting in the effort and doing this! :slight_smile:

They should be $55 per set for orders over 6…

It cost 105$ with shipping to Israel if ordering individually. How can it be it cost 115$ in the group buy? :thinking:

Well. given monkey’s groupbuy (9ppl) and him presenting us this premium price TB just lost his rep for me. I’m out.

Yes, I know it’s a shame but you have to take into account that there was no shipping costs from US in this GB as @monkey32 was traveling from the US, and no taxes either. All in all the prices are not that far apart. If you order directly you pay 105$ to EU, so 88€ at the current exchange rate. Then you have the import tax on top if you cannot avoid it (hard in the UK, elsewhere it’s a question of luck)

@SilentException I’m out as well. I’ll just wait for another opportunity. No rush anyway. Thanks for the time spent on this.

Leaving shipping and imports aside. 50 per set or 79 per set is a huge difference. So afterwards including everything you could’ve just ordered them yourself instead of a group buy.

There should be no shipping cost anyway since they offer free shipping on orders over $300, and unless the shipping calculator is wrong is is only giving a price of $40 shipping for 17 sets . Seems really low so I’m not sure if that is actually right

I’m out, it’s £7 cheaper for me to buy a set directly from the website???

No it’s correct: they say flat rate 40$ for international shipping. At the top it says free shipping over 300$, but you go in the text it’s over 400$. I don’t know which one is correct.

for 10 pairs shipt 2 nl its 690$ so 69$ a piece then the 3% taxes end 21 % btw its = 85$ = 70 euro a piece then its 12 euro shipping for eu thats 82 euro total, the set up of this group buy seems rly stupid (not out tow) but we just have to orgenise it a bit different

@SilentException I’m out. Thanks for the effort though :+1:

I’m out too

1 Like

Alright guys, I was out for last two days but let me explain the pricing.

You cannot compare pricing monkey32 got in US and pricing for EU because of two reasons:

First and obvious, imports. Second is shipping (and that’s on TB side).

So, when I approached Dexter about our Group Buy he kindly explained tat it is not possible for him to give any discount given the shipping costs he would have to cover.

You need to understand that $30 or “free shipping over $300” is not at all free. Shipping 15 sets of trucks (more than 20kg) costs like $180.

So there was this to choose from:

1. $50 per set + I pay full shipping price
  2. 5% discount and free shipping

When you calculate both, you get to around $62 per set.

Now, factor in the EU import charges: $62 * 1.05 (customs charges) * 1.22 (VAT) = $79.5

Hope that clears things out. I tried, sorry.

2 Likes

Not trying to undermine anyone or trash talk- just giving you an idea of the discount tb gave me.

This is a legit deal and no one is taking advantage of anything. This forum has some cheap mf’rs who will do whatever to save a buck and don’t get what a pain gb can be or the fucking steal of a deal gb leaders provide.

I get it man, I just thought it would be good to explain the pricing because I was in a rush the other night and didn’t explain everything in detail :slight_smile: Transparency is good.

1 Like

Im currently doing a GB and some more trucks can fit in the package so if you want…

1 Like

Anyone has a pair of new trucks in Europe?