GT2B constantly dropping signal and motor detection stopped working after connecting sensor wires [RESOLVED]

I’m not sure which one is the correct firmware.

Is it the one that says VESC_default.bin

Sorry for all the questions, I cant find a tutorial on here on how to flash the firmware without the STLink.

Well I updated the firmware. Motor detection still doesn’t work.

I really hope @torqueboards gets back to me, cause I really have no idea what part to replace on my board.

Ok. So if it doen’t work, I don’t know. I hope you’ll find the answer.

What happens if you try to spin your motors from the bldc tool instead of with the remote?

The motors spin in both directions when i control them in BLDC tool.

So the problem seems to be somewhere in the remote section. There might be problems with the binding, coud you try to rebind the remote to the receiver using this guide: http://www.rchobbyspares.com/storepage3216603.aspx

I’m not really concerned with the remote issue at the moment, cause right now i cant get the motor detection to work at all, even with the reciever disconnected. If you look at the video I posted, the motors spin really slow when everything is all hooked up

can you give me some screen shots from you bldc-tool config then?

Are your motor wire using the can port or a y servo cable over the receiver

@flatsp0t @Pimousse @JohnnyMeduse

Okay, so i have no idea what I did but the motor detection started working again. Maybe it was the firmware flash. I’ll keep you guys updated on my progress. Thank you guys so much for all your help!! Words cannot express how much I appreciate the support.

Nice to hear. Phantom problems are sometimes the funniest to troubleshoot as nobody knows wtf it is doing^^

So good news, just as I was about to give up, I got my vescs and motors working again! But my new GT2B is still dropping signal like crazy. I’m gonna try to rebind the remote to the receiver, or repair my old GT2B if that doesn’t work. Worse case scenario I will just buy another GT2B, since they are only $30. That’s a lot better than spending $400 on new motors and vescs, I was ready to cry myself to sleep.

Okay, so i replaced my new receiver with the receiver from my old GT2B, binded them together, and now everything is back to normal. No more dropouts. Must have been a faulty receiver. What a relief.

However I’m really scared to reconnect my sensor wires. Not sure it’s worth all the trouble. Just happy that my board is working again.

1 Like

If you do, do backups from all your VESC config(Export XML), so you can revert to that working settings.

I’m so glad you bring that up, cause I don’t remember my VESC settings cause I set them so long ago. Does this look okay? I’m not sure if I had motor max set to 40a or 60a. I have 50mm motors and 6s battery if that matters.

Seems Good. 40 Amps are okay, you need to feel if it fits, as with VESCS and Current control, the max Amps influence the Throttle range. So, just get a nice Hill, bomb it up, and if there is less torque than expected, up the amps by 5. Repeat and check motor and VESC Temps(They are allowed to be warm to the touch, but not hot.)

1 Like

Thank you sir! I will give that a shot.

I was checking the TorqueBoards website, and it says max amps is 60 amps. does that mean the highest I can set the motor max to is 60a? or is that for something else?

Well, maybe 65, but you will not need that, especially not with a dual setup.

It’s the worst thing you can do. Some guys fried their VESC after loading .xml config. It’s better to start from scratch or write parameters by hand on a notepad file or something.

Did they? Well, maybe i was lucky, i do this every time i tinker with some settings, and never had problems with any of my VESCs.