GT2b Mad Munkey v1 Enclosure **NOW READY FOR DOWNLOAD**

@Hummie I am working on the molded piece now. I am going to order black onyx unless I can find some to make it look just like the orange ABS I have.

Phew! I think I finally got all the video recorded and inline for audio overlay.

9 Likes

Are u selling those?

those are prototypes

Dang … U got more oranges than Florida

2 Likes

Those look sick!! :thumbsup:

@Pablo_702 those are what it took to get to the Mad Munkey v1 that is on thingiverse. They are some of the prototypes I put at the end of the video. But yes I can make you one. PM me if your interested.

1 Like

@Michaelinvegas got to keep up my game, trying to be the worlds largest orange producer.

1 Like

Thanks @Ulfberht

Haha that’s a lot of orange and I was trying to order some last week had to settle for yellow filament as everyone was out of stock guess you got it all :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:slight_smile: You don’t have prime do you? They never run out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007X08OIA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DVOVI5I/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No also in the uk so different suppliers just none here at the moment so yellow it is. Also any tips on how you designed your controller to fit all the extras under the case. As I have a controller that I’m doing a similar thing with modding it into a 3D printed case. Going to try and keep as low profile as I can. The pcb board on mine is a lot wider than the gt2b so no point in even trying yours even though it’s nice.

Oh yes, UK will be different supplies.

What controller are you using? Just sit down with the PCB and see if there is anything you can take off of it. Grab a pair of calipers and measure the width of the PCB then go from there?? just make room for whatever you want under the PCB. It took many… many hours and lots of filament to get the v1 Mad Munkey. I believe its the smallest GT2b mod.

It’s a cheap controller I got with a car I brought think it’s ansmann 2.4ghz and stuff with fail safe so should be fine. Did normally use 8 aa batteries but brough a cheap 3s lipo to permanently put in the controller should be smaller with that. There’s not much on the board I can get rid of only thing I think I can do is cut the trims down lower.

@FLATLINEcustoms once you have the final prototype ready ill be happy to get one from you, is there any videos or post where you show step by step how to re-case your gt2b>?

It is basically the same as a badwolf and very intuitive.

@Pablo_702 the prototype is ready. The Mad Munkey v1 is the final v1 piece, I have sold the 3d printed enclosure to people already. PM me if you’d like me to print one.

I am working on a video that just needs audio now, but like @Maxid said it is very similar to the Bad Wolf v2 mod. I can also answer any questions on this. I have used my controller for months now and love the enclosure.

I just printed mine. After a fair bit of dremeling, I got it to close. Which screws do you use to close the case?

thanks Leo

@mcfly777 what parts did you have to dremel? Check your settings. a direct print out of my software requires no dremeling.

Use long screws to hold the case together and short ones for the third channel board.

How is the video coming? Also, what resistors and screws are you using? About to start the print and I have a GT2B on the way!

Now I just have to pick a color…

1 Like