Happy Marriage Board | 40" Longboard | VESC | Pulley | Lipo | 83mm Flywheel Clones

Haha my towel hanger is actually loose right now and it’s a tiny screw similar to the one in my pulley, maybe I should loctite that too.

But seriously, What mount would you suggest for caliber trucks??

The grub screws locate it but it’s the nut and bolt at the back of the mount that actually clamp down. Up to you but I have found they do work and that is in practice not just theory

There are a lot of super opinionated people here. That mount style works well, @DavidBanner has been selling them with that clamp style for a long time and has had zero issues, they are on every conceivable build type you could imagine.

This is a forum for people to air opinions of course, but try not to mix them up with facts. These work, that’s a fact.

3 Likes

I suggest you check out @marcmt88 and his new store https://www.janux-esk8.com/motor-mount

If I go belt I’d get one of his.

1 Like

Made some progress tonight and really defined it as the wife’s board.

Ordered the olivewood deck, Satin Lavender Caliber II 50s, 90mm Purple flywheel clones, better clones bearings.

All together is was $160 shipped. I think this a decent setup at a great price. As decent complete boards were over $200 with caliber trucks.

1 Like

The mount I sell is a different design to dicky’s, but they both have the ring which slides over the trucks and then is clamped to the truck.

As @brenternet mentioned these clamps do not have any issues with breaking or vibrating loose, I actually don’t even use loctite (mainly because I am constantly swapping motors and trying new stuff) and still have no issues - but I wouldn’t recommend this. I have sold a lot of these clamps and have had 0 negative feedback.

I tested a whole lot of different motor clamps before settling on this design, each had their own flaws and weaknesses and I think this clamp design offers excellent flexibility as well as longevity and is really easy to install.

And these mounts work with a wide range of wheels from 83-107mm to 6 inch pneumatics

1 Like

20180906_19140420180906_191413

Got all the parts in to at least build her board. She also got craft punches for grip tape. I was surprised how well it works. Also this is going to be exciting neither of us have skated in the past and had troubles even holding balance.

1 Like

Flipsky mini came in, just waiting on package from Dicky to get started.

20181003_192334 After some issues with UPS and Brokerage issues, I got mt package from @dickyho. Now to purchase some Lipos, however Hobbyking hasn’t had a sale lately. Looking for 5x 2s batteries.

1 Like