Hardware Compression Cell Holders (Published Link on #268)

It works! I like metal standoffs better than plastic. Tried both. Along the length of the cell it is 71mm wide and laying flat the height is 22mm IMG_20180924_013258 IMG_20180924_185002 IMG_20180924_184950

6 Likes

out of curiosity. this concept could be transfered to other formats like 2070,2170,26650 ect, but still with the same tab inserts, you could make a small profile for the tab so stay centered, but the actual pack hold bigger batteries. is that a dumb idea or workable?

1 Like

Should be workable. I’ve asked @winfly about it but at the moment the focus is on 18650s and once the designs are all finalized, tweaking it to 21700 or larger shouldn’t be as difficult

What is the strength like for the 3d printed parts, wouldn’t it be stronger and quicker to mill or just carve these out of solid stock.

i have abs printed pulleys, a good print is strong.

1 Like

Theyre printed in PETG I believe. Should provide good rigidity for each Parallel pack while also allowing it to take the heat generated from the cells. The nese packs for all their acclaim also use them for this reason I think

yep, and for the heat issue. that is something the user has to figure out. Running batteries at the limit is stupid in many ways.

1 Like

Really excited to give these a try. I’ll probably opt for the braided version so i can swap thrm to decks with abit more flex

Yeah I think theyre going to be testing how much amps they can pull from a pack safely. Maybe in the coming days or weeks

You’re using the nese hardware if I’m not mistaken? How much amps can you pull with that 4p pack? Looks like they fit very well out of the box like that

Where did you get those metal tabs? I got a bunch of cells I want to do something with… :sunglasses:

I think those are the nese tabs that you can buy from 18650.lt

1 Like

I mean, Agnius has some tests on youtube in which they can easily supply 200A without overheating, so it all depends what your cells can deliver.

2 Likes

How about the braids you were using with your build? How have they been performing for you so far? :

like Wraith said at 18650.lt. They cost about $60 shipped for tabs enough for 2 X 10S4P or 10S8P build.

1 Like

That is on hold until I can get a 7.5" inch wide enclosure for the entire thing. And I can’t find one :sob: Also I waiting on some woodscrews to mount the NESE modules, then I can use the braids to join them.

1 Like

Oh lol you could consider @psychotiller’s enclosures. I picked one and measured it up to first fit 2s4p. 7.5” wide so should fit them no problem!

Edit: It’s the altar wedge. I’m still planning to go with it too :grin: He’s got even wider ones if you want to go bigger too lol But I find @winfly packs worth a try and hopefully easier on the wallet so thats the first thing I want to go for

Yeah, that’s what I was going to buy after talking to him, but on the website it says that it is 7" wide. NESE with the flexible mounts need exactly 7.5" width.

So you are saying that it is actually 7.5" wide?

Oh he does have even wider one. That’s awesome. I’ll contact him again.

1 Like

Yeah actually I’m certain the altar wedge measured 7.5”. I checked again just to be sure and yeah its 7.5 for sure. Thats for internal dimensions best to ask him and yeah he’s got larger ones but the wedge keeps it slimmer and low profile to get nice clearance if your build is short on it :smile:

Edit: Sorry @winfly didnt mean to get slightly off topic :sweat_smile:

1 Like

or buy some glasfiber and resin to make your own enclosure.