Has anyone NOT had issues with the Winning Remote?

Personally, I don’t like the short distance between full throttle and brake as it seems too close. And I had one that wouldn’t hold a charge for very long. Outside of that, I have never had connection issue with this remote. The failsafe is ideal for our uses too.

I haven’t had any issues with my winning remote. But I’m not using a VESC and I don’t think there’s a ton of interference where I live. Still a happy customer.

I was using this remote with the tb 6s esc and it was a nightmare. Constantly dropping signal causing the esc to hit the brakes for a split second, the throttle range is also so short that it is almost impossible to accelerate smoothly. This made riding the board terrifying and i found myself bracing to fall the whole time never going over speeds that i felt safe to jump off. I switched to the gt2b and it solved all my problems, all I can say is DONT USE THIS WITH THE TB 6S ESC

I got 50% at neutral. Full throttle is %100. Brake throttle is 11%. Also my BLDC tool looks a little different than yours. i don’t have the graph

The graph is only at ackmaniacs BLDC-Tool. Probably you use version 2.18. If you want to have 0% at brake you have to adjust the pulswith. Did you try to turn off the remote after it was on? Is it 50% then?

Just wanted to share my experience with this remote.

I had signal loss issues initially but eventually got them removed using a ferrite ring and by extending the ppm wires to locate the receiver further from the vesc’s and battery wires. Haven’t had issues with it since.

1 Like

Don’t be silly, we need a least 2x of them.

I did the same but this doesn’t help to avoid interferences from the outside. Always when I came to the same place next to the railway I lost the signal.

I´ve done the same. Weld a cable on the antenna and put it around the finger part of the housing. Then i took a ferrit ring and winded the servo cable from receiver to ESC a few times.

Took a ride and had not a single dropout! So this definitely helps!

1 Like

This little winning remote was working great and all of a sudden my board stopped running. Everything lights up as usual remote receiver and vesc but giving it throttle on the remote doesnt get the wheels to turn.

Is there a manual way of checking if its the remote or the receiver that’s shot?

Have you checked for faults on your VESC?

1 Like

Im not sure how to check for fault codes…it lights up normally and both died at the same time. I think is a control or reciever issue.

If i plug vesc into bldc will it post any fault codes somewhere?

Go to the terminal tab and type in faults and hit enter

1 Like

Says no faults…also the motor detection works. I ordered the 2.4ghz 3ch reciver from hobby king that they recomended on this thread

Hopefully its not the remote…

Used the winning remote (from /TorqueBoards) for a few weeks with satisfaction, but the receiver stopped working. I’m pretty sure it’s only the receiver, since also the little red light on the receiver suddenly went off, while the one on the remote still works. Did many people encounter this problem?

I’m now searching for the cheapest way of getting a fully working remote controller again. Found the same winning remote on Aliexpress for just $37, but delivery was around a month, which I don’t really like waiting on. Does anyone know a cheap and preferably fast way to replace the receiver? It needs to work with the Ch2 switch since I use that one to turn on my lightning through an Arduino. Read something about the Hobbyking 3Ch receiver as a replacement (HobbyKing® ™ GT-2 2.4Ghz Receiver 3Ch), but still looking for someone who can confirm this receiver is compatible with the winning remote and is able to turn on lights like the original receiver.

Anyone able to help me out? Also considered buying the Enertion Nano-X 2.4Ghz Controller, but it’s quite expensive combined with shipping costs and import costs and I don’t know if its that much better than the normal ‘winning’ remote.

Did your remote work well with the hobby king receiver?

1 Like

Yes thanks perfectly

OK the fun was short lived . Today I busted my ass with this crap. It started cutting out after a couple seconds cruising and I had to let go the throttle and give it throttle again to get it to go. Now something is screwed if I give it throttle it goes for like 3 secs then cuts out , the signal is also really delayed if you command it to brake it won’t do it for a couple seconds.

Is there a better quality remote that’s compatible with the hobby king receiver I bought ?

Seems like if I hold the remote 6" away from The receiver it will work right but I cut ride sitting down.

UPDATE: I bought this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/262779892776?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hopefully it works good

Can anyone help me please? I’ve connected the remote with the esc / motor as described in the manual. When I pull down the throttle my motor begins to “beep”. Second time pulling down the throttle the motor “beeps” again and starts to run. If the throttle is in the middle position the motor is running. For braking I have to pull down the throttle. Why is that? I want the motor inly to run when pushing the throttle up. What am I doing wrong?

These are the parts I am using:

Motor:

ESC:

Remote:

I am having this same problem.