Has anyone tried the nano-x yet?

Can i use this wattage control with nunchuck?

@Evan could you please explain where you downloaded the firmware and how to set that up. I guess all other Nano-X users will face similar issues. That would be fantastic! Maybe with some screenshots about your settings.

1 Like

I don’t think it is a NANO-X problem. It is the normal behavior of the VESC. And at the beginning you need to get used to the power. But with throttle curve adjustment you can soften the power at lower range without loosing the full power option.

You can get the software here. Nunchuk is also supported. But i never tested it because i have no Nunchuk. It should work but please test it with care. When you buy a HM-10 bluetooth module then you can also connect your Android smartphone to the VESC and watch realtime data, change drive modes and make videos.

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/extended-bldc-tool-with-watt-control-mode-ppm-cruise-control-and-individual-throttle-curve/12286

PS. Donations are very welcome Donations

1 Like

After messing around with the new bldc tool, I’ve got the best setup I need. So I changed the max pulsewidth from 79% to 85% which allowed it has the ability to go uphill with more power also accelerate faster otherwise it would’ve been like a kid’s toy eboard, tooo soft. On the other hand, tuned up the min pulsewidth from 1.05 to 1.25 so even in beginner mode it can still fully stop. Battery max was raised up to 30a then 303.710S = define batt max to 1110. Remember I use dual enertion motors. Finally, since I had no idea what throttle curve was like, I ended up with duplicating @Ackmaniac’s example and it worked perfectly. Without it, nano-x still operates like a wild beast. Probably I will stick in beginner mode forever because expert mode is considerably way too crazy. Now I can die peacefully. :innocent:

“Beginner mode”

“Expert mode”

Nice curve OH YEAH

OK, let’s make it a bit more complicated. When you switch to expert mode then i recommend to set the full values for the pulsewidth again, 1,05 and 2.05. Because this way you can use the whole trigger range of the remote. And at the beginning i recommend to leave the brake curve linear. I changed it in my picture only to show the possibility. You should try it linear first and find out if you want more or less.

And with the throttle curve you can fine tune it. The way the throttle curve works is the following: In number 1 of the picture you can see that at 25% throttle you get only 12,5% of the power. When you don’t use the throttle curve then you get 25% power because it is linear. So instead of 277 Watt (1100 * 25%) you get 139 Watt (1100 * 12,5%). In number 2 of the picture you can see that at 50% throttle you get only 32% of the power. When you don’t use the throttle curve then you get 50% power because it is linear. So instead of 555 Watt (1100 * 50%) you get 355 Watt (1100 * 32%). In number 3 of the picture you can see that at 75% throttle you get only 60% of the power. When you don’t use the throttle curve then you get 75% power because it is linear. So instead of 832 Watt (1100 * 25%) you get 666 Watt (1100 * 60%).

2 Likes

Actually, I always change modes when I’m riding my board. Let’s say…when I want to go up a incline or I encounter a strong wind then I will change to expert mode. I had a huge epic crash about 2 months ago and what I learned from it was : son, you can ride your board with slow speed and that’s not going to destroy your board. Anyway, @Ackmaniac, your tribute is worthless. Can I cry in your arms?

OH by the way, bldc display shows that even with my setting, in expert mode the throttle can still hit 0% and 100%. Doesn’t that mean okay? It counts?

It just hit’s 100 % power at already around 85% throttle in your setup. But don’t care right now. First get used to it in beginners mode and when you are ready for it make a new setup for expert mode.

1 Like

I’ve got another issue. It had no throttle(brake)-curve when I turned on the board or the remote.(got connected) So I found out that everytime I had to flip up the board then engaged full throttle in order to get acceleration-curve, full brake to get the brake-curve.(even separated) @Ackmaniac have you ever heard this before? Perhaps only happened with nano-x?

I don’t understand completely. Please be a bit more precise.

The VESC software doesn’t give a signal when you go more than 20% below the minimum or over the maximum ppm signal. Because then it thinks your signal gone wild. So i recommend to set the values to the correct ones. 1,05, 1,54 , 2,05 in your case. And the throttle curve works as long as there is a ppm signal.

I just tried all the values that correspond with the expert mode, problem still remained. It was like, I let my board rolling while I was standing on it and it was on, then I turned off the remote then turned it back on, it accelerated wild and braked harshly again. I had to fully stop once with full brake-throttle range then used beginner mode(or lifted up the board) to full-throttled it once as well so it could operate as ideal. Uh, not sure what the problem is but I well currently use this method as no other option. :grimacing:

You should post some screenshots of the ppm screen in full throttle, full brake and idle in expert and in beginner mode. Or get in contact with @onloop because he also lives in Adelaide.

They were as same as I posted…problem still remained. Strange…anybody has this issue aw well?

Did you set the correct values of pulsewith? It’s difficult to help if you ignore the advices.

uh I had tried everything even the right setup which was 1.05, 1.54 and 2.05. Now the problem is just it can’t initiate throttle-curve if I don’t full-accelerate and full-brake in the first bind-to-go process… Also I used soft rpm limit and it gave me a wonderful control ability, SWEET.

I’m still waiting for more people to get into nano-x and maybe someone will set it up with new bldc tool and engage throttle setup then we can have a discussion about it. Seems like only me getting this issue on forum now.

I am unable to bind the Nano-x to my VESC. Has anyone else had this problem?

1 Like

It’s automatic, don’t do anything & it should work (turn on esc first)

I’ve been trying all morning. The green light continues to flash. same with the receiver (red flashing light). I’ve let it sit there flashing green for over an hour and still would not connect. Last night it connected, the motors were spinning and everything. Now, this morning its flashing green again.

Ok, I got the remote to bind again just now… But after shutting the board and remote off, and restarting, the remote goes through the binding procedure again, and sometimes will not re-connect… It seems like the remote will not permanently bind with the receiver.

This remote seems to have quite some issues

1 Like