Has anyone tried using one of these esc's from ebay before?

i really wanna see if these are even usable, let alone good. Might be convenient for a small ultra-portable (like pennyesque) build

these sort of remind of the esc with are built into some of these chinese mountainboardsā€¦ maybe will look aroundā€¦

At least I know the remote was also the nano style.

1 Like

I emailed the seller to find out about brakes and configuration, hereā€™s his replyā€¦ Not very helpful or confident.

• remote

I should ask for a better picture of the esc :slight_smile: just have to get in contact with him and I hope he dont feel offended i posted his pictures here since he had made a video of everything in action.

3 Likes

Lets see the video!! :smiley:

1 Like

any updates?

have they arrived yet?

can you send me a link to his video

He sent it to me in private. If he does not mind and has time, you can ask him to send it again to your email for example, otherwise contact me and maybe I can forward it to you :slight_smile: Theres not much else, he said he needed to resolder some motorwiresā€¦ but the escs seemed to work good from what he said.

@Skateman

@Okami, you can send him the video. Anything you guys want to know about what I have, let me know. Update, Also I had a motor shaft break and finally got 2 newer version motors from Shenzhen Scooter guys. Havenā€™t put them in yet. Surprisingly, the have sensored wires on them. But small gauge motor wires. they say they will work.

2 Likes

Do you have any updates about this thingy?

The mountain board setup @Okami post previously is mountain board from China factory.

and this is the Dual ESC they using. One of my taiwan friend had bought the complete set and run quite a while, everything going okay. top speed have 38-40kph with 70kg rider. I am not sure ebay ESC is it same with the one i posted here.

This kind of ESC is ride-able but not for hardcore people drift around or climbing a big hill.

1 Like

yes, someone found out max power is about 1350W per motor or soā€¦

but 2.7kw total does not sound bad at allā€¦

ya, especially on that price range with MTB setup. consider good ady.

1 Like

received mine yesterday and canā€™t for the life of me get the remote to bind. Seller is returning messages though. will try again tomorrow

@mccloed just set up a pneumatic board yesterday with one of these dual 10s escā€™s. Doesnā€™t seem to make a difference whether you use sensors or not. Board starts from a stop smoothly and runs quietly. Immediate concerns are that the esc seems to get pretty hot. Not melting hot, but hot. Also, with a 10s4p battery and 170 kv motors it only has a about a 15mph top speed. That said, it cruised through deep grass with no problem. Could be geared differently to reach 18mph or maybe change the motor kv to 200. For a ittle more top end.

He will be testing it on trails more next week.

1 Like

Cool, thanks for info.

I think these bare pcb escs do need some cooling. Too bad, everything needs to be made from scratch then but still.

so yeh, post some more info when you can, so far sounds a bit promising actually.

Coolings easy. Even fans are easily installed in enclosures. Iā€™m curious to see mainly how long itā€™s going to last. Field testing soon! (not me, but yeaaah)

charged the remote fully, and it bound straight up. Seller was helpful.

hey there ā€¦ bought his dual hub motors and the esc to suit from him ā€¦

he has communicated well so far .

2 Likes