Has anyone used DIYeboards Offroad Truck Kit?

yes same for me. I’ve seen some other videos with these trucks but the Motors,Batterys,esc etc were different.

Truck kit “Review”

Save up for the high quality parts like Trampa or MBSMatrix. It feels so good after you’ve bought high quality parts and had the joy of assembling them and tweaking them for hours and then finally get on your premium ride! Also with better parts comes better support. If you bought those cheap trucks and they came completely dissembled and there were tons of screws and bolts and had no clue how to put them together. you’d be waiting ages for a reply from them if they even do reply. but if you bought from Trampa no only are there loads of people on the forum able to help but you’d probably get a reply from them within an hour or two! You get where I’m going with this :thinking: :rofl:

well he sure is taking his time! :rofl: He’s usually one of the first on any new post

1 Like

Probably sleeping

2 Likes

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz He’ll get here eventually

2 Likes

Exactly that :sweat_smile::+1:

Sorry for being late to the party… 5h a day a need a bit a rest. I‘m not @Skunk :sweat_smile::+1:

@xsynatic basically everything was said already. Don’t cheap out on the trucks. Trampas or matrix2 are the best choice at the moment. The matrix2 will be updated with a aluminum base plate in the binging of 2019, maybe it makes sense to wait for it. If no, there is always the etoxx webshop https://www.e-toxx-shop.com/ @Nowind makes some high quality stuff for emtbs.

If you want to safe some money you can get used trucks from people here. There always some for sale. If you buy things from mbs you can save 15% buy using this code

If you have any further questions just let me know.

2 Likes

When I was first starting out (and waiting to accumulate all the parts for my Carver) I built a couple of beater budget boards for myself and some friends using just their AT trucks/airless wheels. Went with maytech motors and flipsky VESCs and some decks I had made locally and ended up being around $600 in parts. I guess I went into it knowing that they were cheap throwaway parts that I intended on thrashing, but I had fun with them.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s definitely worth it to spend more and build with much higher quality components. These were just a quick & convenient route to get a couple of boards up for summer. The quality leaves much to be desired, there’s no ability to adjust the belt, and you’ll burn up watts like crazy with the highly inefficient airless tires. They also wear bare in about 400 miles.

If they were $100 for tires + trucks on a beater sure, but they simply aren’t sustainable as a long term solution for any decent board.

IMG_20181005_123349_337

IMG_20181119_144013_770

3 Likes