Hauling cargo with esk8

So around this time of year my work publishes a list of gifts for all the employees to choose from, usually household stuff, appliances, kitchenware, etc. Me, I went with a countertop mixer. Coming to work on my board, I thought to bring an adjustable packing strap to hold the box securely to the deck.

Surprisingly it worked fairly well, although it’s not something I’d want to do every day. I’m about 6 km from work with a couple of hills in the way, the board managed it with no trouble. The real problem was needing to adjust to the extra weight, which messed with my steering until I got used to it (partly because I’m a newbie rider). I just took it a bit more slowly than usual. I’m not suggesting that this is an ideal solution or anything, just that it is possible. I’m guessing I’m not even the first person to try this. I’ve even seen a couple of ideas for trailers that attached to skateboards. Anyone else ever have similar ideas?

2 Likes

I would’ve sat on the box :yum:

1 Like

A couple of times nearly losing my balance and I would have too. Oh, wait, you meant on purpose…:yum:

2 Likes

Yep. Turn the box 90 degrees and sit on it. Ride home on the box.

My favorite is to hook the payload to my belt/waist like a dip weight belt. The cargo sways with you.

However box shapes would suck. I’m more so referring to grocery/beer runs. Way better then a backpack.

I have a crumpler beez kneez courier bag, it has a second strap that can be worm with big loads that goes from your chest to the opposite corner as the main strap. I wear the weight on my lower back/hip, if it is not bulging full (it holds a carton plus 4 bottles of spirit) I can still tuck. 58L volume I think? (+15 gallons)

1 Like