Have I got this battery (space cell) circuit correct?

Ok well if you think it’s less likely to cause issues I can setup a dual boot system?

No, it should be fine. I know someone used to program them on a vitual machine in the past. I do like bringing people over to the open source so if you have an old computer sitting around ubuntu can revive it. Linux/ubuntu runs great on older pc’s.

Get some documentation on that st-links pin out order if you can. we will need it to arrange the connections properly.

I’ve got multiple hard drives in my PC so it probably wouldn’t hurt to setup a dual boot system with Ubuntu anyway as I’ve been tempted to dabble with a bit of Linux stuff in the past as well. Will see how things go and if I don’t have much luck getting things setup I can always revert to just setting up a VM.

Ok will do, thanks in advance for the help.

Edit: Found the company who produces these. They’ve got pin configuration info here:

I could not wait any longer for the instructions to come from my factroy, so i disassembled my skateboard for you.

hope this helps

y

1 Like

@michaelcpg don’t listen to @chaka he is just wishing he had an awesome battery solution to sell to people, he gets a bit jealous of the enertion kit from time-to-time :slight_smile:

these BMS & batteries when they are pre-assembled at the factory get tested under load. The BMS you have is fine! it can easily handle 50A continuous

Only time you will have an issue is if you decide to design your drive train to be incredibly inefficient so that you are instantly converting watts to heat in a naive attempt to defy wind resistance whilst bravely attempting to break the land speed record with a 1-to-1 reduction ratio in 40degree(c) heat!

1 Like

This is exactly what i needed as well. Thank you! I can finish fixing a something now.

Awesome thanks for the photos looks like I had everything correct :slight_smile: Have you found that your battery is outputting around 1V when it’s turned off? I’m wondering if I should be worried that mine does this. Am also curious to know if your battery’s LCD lights up when it’s plugged into a VESC considering that mine didn’t seem to?

Lcd should light up when you turn the power switch on. Plugging it into vesc shouldn’t do anything.

Haven’t measured the voltage when off.

@onloop Get yourself a multimeter, they work great for testing voltage during assembly.

@onloop Would you be able to post a wiring diagram for the space cell?

I posted a picture above, that should cover it.

@onloop I was curious about the way the batteries are configured?

10S3P

is that what you want?

Here you go, this is how my battery is wired, based on a similar diagram that @Blasto kindly drew for me. The diagram I drew at the top of this thread should cover everything else :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi guys,

I’m thinking to make a similar space cell, 10S2P 5000mah, do you know what should be the maximum current on the BMS I should buy? Do you know the brand of the BMS is shown on this topic?

I will install it with VESC and a Enertion big motor.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Roger

Could someone show a wiring diagram please?