Having an issue with my TB vesc

245kv sk3 motor, however I was not going extremely fast and had my erpm limited

What about the first one? Could you show us the BLDC Motor Config as well as the App Config?

Itā€™s likely that you see more TB VESC issues because they sell a ton of VESCā€™s. Iā€™ve got 4 running right now, 2 of them for well over a year. The only one I ever had an issue with was because of foc and @torqueboards replaced it.

Just a numbers game. You sell 10,000 and you see a larger number of issues not a larger percentage.

2 Likes

I do not have my board on me right now, but I will update you asap with those settings. The first one had the same settings and blew after only one day of testing at low speeds.

Itā€™s not just his products but also customer service, I believe he picks and chooses members he wants to take care of but thatā€™s just my opinion I can only speak to the reoccurring amount of people complaining about his products

I have to look this up but I think that a higher kv can still lead to more problems even when limited

i do have to agree with you thereā€¦

I emailed his customer support back in AUGUST about changing my order, got a reply at the end of NOVEMBERā€¦

Ok, are there better quality vesc that limit the erpm more reliably?

I can say the focbox handles heat very well but the warranty by @chaka is unparalleled

Exactly I just personally think his service is terrible and if the service isnā€™t good then why would I buy the product

@chaka 's vesc for sure, I had tb vescs, focboxes, and the only one thats standing and usable right now is the ollin vesc, literally bulletproof

I can take a look at your VESC and find out why itā€™t not working. Iā€™m actually about to launch my repair service at https://theboardtech.com/

2 Likes

@coleg411

User error Nr. 1: You were running 245kv on 12s Lifepo4 itā€™s 43.2V itā€™s more than a 10s equivalent which is 42V.

User error Nr. 2: You chose to use 245kv motor, with 43.2V you will have 65359erpm, the vesc might limit the motor speed but only during acceleration, if you were going downhill it could fry.

Iā€™ve been runing TB vesc on my 10S vanguard for more than a year with 190kv motors and still working perfect.

You shouldnā€™t beware people about Torqueboards but beware people to avoid these mistakes, thatā€™ll be fair

4 Likes

Lol Iā€™m like the god of They reply to my emails within 12 hours for me I always on the live chat get a technician who helps build the stuff And they upgraded my battery from 12s2p to 12s4p as a surprise upgrade for free

Batteries sag. Realistically, even in lab conditions, he will never see that voltage under power, let alone full throttle. Unless heā€™s spinning no load conditions.

Negative ghost rider, look at his settings. He enabled the negative torque if erpm limit is reached. This would mean that his board brakes as he reaches that speed. It could induce a lot of heat issues but not what you described

Still its too high kV rating for the ESC, not because of settings but because of magnetic specs inside motor

1 Like

So my question is, If I buy a high quality vesc from ollin and limit the erpm to 50-60k, will that be enough to prevent blowing one of his VESC as well? Im not on an unlimited budget and would prefer not to have to replace my motor,

Even the focbox died?

Yep, I had both ollin and focbox in a parallel connector, and there was a cold joint where the batteries are connected and killed my focbox completely, no blown drv but the entire vesc.

Ollinvesc is still going strong though, using it as my daily commute

I was thinking of running a 10s on a 245kv motor with an ollin vesc. based on your experience, do things like the erpm limit work well?