Hay I accidentally flashed the wrong firmware on my vesc.Help!

Can not run anything on bldc or on the new vesc tool it says vesc too old

Weird… Have you tried the Old BLDC tool ?

yep is it currupted?

Can i send it somewhere to get it fixed or examined?

where are you located ?

california USA

I’ve sent you a private message.

3 Likes

if im not wrong you have to flash it with an ST-Link, I think it was already discussed in the main VESC/BLDC-Tool thread

Thanks for the replay but I sent it over to johnnymeduse I think there may be more wrong then I know about.

Sounds like the bootloader is fucked. Get an ST-Link and some jumper wires.

Here’s a pretty easy guide how to do it. Good luck.

2 Likes

Hey guys,

PLEASE HELP!

i flashed the wrong FW on my FocBox (HW 48). I bought the ST-Link. Downloaded the Bootloader. Put it on the Vesc via the ST-LINK Utility.

But, the FocBox still shows me the wrong FW:

The only option i have is the wrong HW Version…what can i do?? :cry:

I’m not sure you have to flash the focbox FW dont quote me but it is my understanding that they come pre tested and you shouldn’t have to flash the FW

i drove it for a year and wanted to update it… unfortunatly i choosed the wrong HW version

Yeah I’m not sure how you would getting it to work try PM @JohnnyMeduse or @PredatorBoards

Click on Show non-default firmwares and see if you can pick out the right firmware version.

Its not showing another Hardware Version…

How should it look like after i flashed the vesc with the ST-LINK?

Flash the entire firmware bin with stlink instead of just the bootloader. Thats why i did. I got the firmware from the bldc tools program files directory. Then after i fired up vesc tool and it updated to the latest.

1 Like

Thanks! Where do i get the bin from???

I said where :laughing: i grabbed it from the bldc tool.

:laughing: facepalm! ok, but it didnt came with my version but i got from sombody.

Thanks man!

1 Like