Hellboy | Eboosted Enclosure | Sector 9 Meridian Board | FOCBOX Unity | Evolve Supercarve Trucks | Psychotiller 6369 Motors | Unikboard Motor Mounts | Pelican Bay 12S4P Battery | ABEC 107mm Wheels | Hoyt Puck Remote

nice find…good price as well. thx for the review. I think I’ll go with the Maytech also.

1 Like

@billappleton

What is the final build cost as configured where you want it?

my 4 children and I are going to start building boards for ourselves and like this build. Would end up with some of the 6384’s possibly.

1 Like

are you using black nylon split wire loom tubes? like these https://www.walmart.com/ip/Black-Nylon-Split-Wire-Loom-Corrugated-Conduit-1-2-25-Feet/725964906?selected=true ? if so, what size are they?

1 Like

uxcell 2M Length 15.8mm Outside… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D9LT3SS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

These!

Howdy! I was too scared to figure out the final cost. But it was around 2.5 K. There is a rough outline below. There would be some postal savings for multiple boards. You could share the Chargery charger as well.

Chargery 350 Meridian 100 Trucks 200 Unity 300 Mounts 400 Battery 500 Wheels 160 Misc 200 Enclosure 150 Maytech 200 Motors 250 ——————— $2810

I saw you had the Hoyt Street Puck remote. Did you have any issues with the Puck?

1 Like

The trigger works better with gloves, and there is plenty of travel. The puck is beautifully constructed. I think it comes down to whether you like the thumb or the trigger.

1 Like

GREAT build. Thanks for sharing the knowledge!! You’ve really got me thinking hard about upgrading my old evolve carbon gen 2!

3 Likes

Hey. I’m looking at this remote, how did you wire up the maytech remote to read battery. Any pics/advice would be great. I’ve seen someone go straight to the battery but then sure the proper way would be to only read voltage when vesc is turned on rather than a constant live feed…

1 Like

On FocBox Unity there is a JST 2pin connector

Otherwise not sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking at building something very similar to this, currently deciding what to do with motors, if I go with the standard evolve motors, I can use the pulleys and belts from evolve. I am wanting to be able to use a bigger motor, but struggling to find a motor pulley that will work with evolves gt3 tooth profile. Did you use HTD profile pulleys? If so is that working out well, if not where did you find the pulleys? Cheers

1 Like

Whatever you do, the motors and pulleys and mounts and belt size has to work together. OK that is a stupid and obvious thing to say. You have to plan it out. If all you want is the evolve motors why build? The new GTR looks fine.

My first post on esk8. But, I felt compelled to comment. Your post was one of the best I’ve read on the site because of the way it lays-out “mundane” details then links to supporting discussion and/or vendors, Your build is really impressive and the discussion has got me thinking (also, I just shot off a $40 Amazon order consisting of rivet nut inserts, a rubber sheet roll, cable clamps…)

Just for my own curiosity, how long does it typically take you to build one of these? From concept to first ride. More importantly thank you for your post and I hope to see another one from you soon

2 Likes

Yup, great build thread and a great board.

Hey thanks a lot! This took six months mainly waiting for parts and pondering the design. There were many vendors. Watch out for shipping costs.

But the good news is that Hellboy is in great shape. I ride all the time! Super smooth and quiet.

1 Like