Helmets guys... A lot of accidents recently

Here we have another rider who did not wear a helmet. Please wear your helmets guys! I know us DIYers know the importance of helmets but how do we spread the word to the people with prebuilt boards? We need to find a way to spread the word and remind everyone about helmet safety over and over again. I think Casey Neistat has been making electric longboards popular but he doesn’t wear a helmet when he rides. We must find a way to spread the word somehow.

If this keeps on happening the government will regulate us sooner or later!

Also, summer is coming which means there’s going to be a lot more eskaters on the streets. If you see someone without a helmet make sure to scold the fuck out of them!

15 Likes

uh oh, is he not from the forum?

anyways I agree. helmet sucks but it is must in summer becausr nobody including you won’t slow down in summer.

scold them and do not let them rush the ride,most dangerous thing. people always try to chase other board, beyond their skill. That’s stupid.

and do not let them ride yours, especially without helmet on. you can kill someone.

Can’t warn enough around this time. people all get excited.

2 Likes

I think that’s exactly what needs to occur. At least from the sense of any road using HAVING to wear a helmet or they get a massive fine and their electric board (or any portable road vehicle) impounded!

The laws need to change and safety needs to be the key priority.

2 Likes

I don’t like the idea of regulations, the government won’t do anything about helmets, they’ll limit our machines just like what they did to ebikes.

14 Likes

if boarders keep on getting killed, lawmakers will simply ban it

6 Likes

Exactly, i see some people talk about promoting electric skateboards etc…no no no. They will just be banned. Not wearing helmets will also lead them to getting banned sooner.

1 Like

I did a helmet post recently, it got insta deleted, because of „trying to force“ wearing a helmet.

Well it seems it is needed to force people. A Facebook group I am in is deleting videos of people when they don’t wear a helmet

12 Likes

It’s an unfortunate part of life, and people in general. Many years ago, when UAV’s (drones) were not common, there were no issues and those who built and operated them had their ethics. As things got more popular, and more people started to get into them, then of course, the higher the chances were of someone doing the ‘wrong’ thing and then things get regulated. Usually, the ones regulating, don’t have any real knowledge of the activity, so it gets over regulated. I am pretty sure that most members here have safety as a high priority, particularly when it comes to things like helmets. Heck, I even had my helmet purchased before I even had my motors ordered. Its a sad fact that not everyone thinks the same way and they also have the attitude that “it won’t happen to me”. It’s only a matter of time before things like battery capacity and helmets come into regulation, along with other aspects.

6 Likes

its sad these things happen. Its a choice to wear gear i get it. ive crashed motorcycles a few times and learned. think of your friends and family.

3 Likes

A helmet won’t save you from a truck hitting you at 50 mph but will save you for sure at random stupid accidents. I always wear my helmet.

3 Likes

Yes cause do what I say for your own safety or I’m gonna hurt you is always the right thing to do…

F regulations less government not more I’m not a child I do not need a parent to look after me thank you very much.

2 Likes

Wow :open_mouth: ok. We’re all entitled to our own view.

By my comment I meant that making it mandatory to wear a helmet for road use ‘could’ and likely ‘will’ save lives. It shouldn’t be a choice it should be a given. Laws will be written with respect to the proliferation of portable electric transportation devices entering the market and I think if this is to be governed safety has to be the key consideration. With regards to restricting the power of these devices that’s bullshit and will not make people safer especially if they cannot keep up with traffic.

You might be grown up and not a child, but there are those that will follow the poor examples being set in mass media and shitty advertising and it’s those people that such regulation would protect.

2 Likes

Just have a notice

And sticky it to the top of the home page

1 Like

Not saying dont wear helmets I always wear one but I don’t need big brother, regulation is not good freedom is good, if you want to ride and kill your self with no helmet I’ll tell you off but I can’t force you nor will I try to force anyone to wear one.

6 Likes

Also my group has a no helmet no ride rule, I just dont agree with government forcing you to do something for safety and then threaten your safety when you don’t comply.

6 Likes

Tats where we differ. I’m not gonna argue this, not gonna get in another philosophical discussion on the merits of peer pressure and if the ends justify the means. All I’m gonna say is that you have no right to enforce your opinion as law on me and I will fight you every step of the way to make sure you never have the right to enforce your opinion as law on me. It amazes me that so many people think they know more than everybody else to the point that they wanna pass laws to make them do shit…stupid.

12 Likes

Ultimately I think we can all agree that isn’t the optimal outcome. Unfortunately as these incidents become more frequent politicians will be forced to do something about it.

1 Like

Hey, I’m not here to start an argument with anyone - I love this forum and respect others opinions. This isn’t an opinion I’m trying to force on anyone, simply a view that I hold. I’m certainly not one to get into heated philosphical or political debates either - I hate that shit, and I’m certainly not here to piss people off. I suppose that because it’s mandatory in Australia on public roads that all cyclists have to wear helmets it seems right that other road users should also observe this law.

4 Likes

In the states it isn’t mandatory to wear a helmet. the majority of states in the US have a partial law that requires you to wear a helmet. That is all comprised of an age limit, and we have I think 2 or 3 states that have no helmet law.

I just bought a full helmet, although there has been times on my slower board I didn’t wear any helmet. I am not a hypocrite to tell others to wear anything. I hope we all take in consideration the risks of what we are doing, and take whatever precautions we should choose to do.

I highly doubt we will have politicians take notice enough to force a helmet restrictions. I have seen more cyclist being hit by cars and still we don’t have strict helmet laws for them. They have requirements for teens and maybe 18 and under. Although, for my state you aren’t required as an adult or over the age of 15 to wear a helmet when riding a bike.

3 Likes

All it takes is one instance in the right place at the right time. Politicians like to appear as though they are doing something, and since we are a minority with zero political influence is is trivial to get a ‘public safety bill’ passed. NJ loves regulations. I can totally see this happening.

1 Like