Helmets guys... A lot of accidents recently

I left NJ for Miami for a reason lol well many reasons.

I have family in NJ still Im gona drive up soon to ride with the NYC crew.

2 Likes

They have said that about bikes for YEARS now. But you are right, it only takes one go getter politician to do so. I live in the backyard of political non sense, and at the moment I am very skeptical to hear a law that would actually cause concern. If anything it would be a bike requirement of those under a certain age must wear a helmet.

The PSA will shift when reports of little old ladies getting knocked-down and killed by eboarders blowing stop-lights start to roll-in (let’s hope it doesn’t come to that). If you want to save the sport, ride safe, but also ride sensibly.

1 Like

3 Likes

The argument also applies to regular skateboarders and longboarders. Not just eskates.

For relaxing times…

(Drink Suntory Whisky responsibly…preferably not before getting on an eboard.)

2 Likes

Freedom is neither better nor worse than regulation, you need both. A completely free society would be awful. Humans are evil.

As for enforced helmet wear, its probably not needed, as you only harm yourself and you’re dependents. Its a question of priorities and risk assessment. I wear a helmet for esk8, but not cycling, because I deem esk8 far more risky. However, if i had children or other dependents, id probably wear a helmet cycling too.

1 Like

Dat Hibiki tho…

Post-ride naturally

1 Like

If you’re going to rock a piss-pot your going to need a beard like @Cobber hereIMG_8790

5 Likes

I have that beard, does that mean I’m immune :slight_smile:

3 Likes

When I turned 18 I ripped my “stupid” helmet off and never looked backed. I used to fly down long flights of stairs and the rocky hills next to my college campus with no helmet. Young age really make you feel invincible. Now it’s mandatory.

1 Like

It means you can’t get a kiss :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Why do we need a law to enforce common sense? Frivolous laws like helmet and seatbelt laws are designed as a revenue source for municipalities.

If enough people slip and fall while walking, should we enforce everyone to wear a helmet while walking?

1 Like

I personally think it sould be enforced to wear helmet on rd at least. Person like me who doesn’t listen to other won’t do if they don’t want to. if you want to kill yourself go else where but not on rd.

It’s not just helmet, but a lot of things arn’t comon sense like gun regulation.

Once I hit a metal sign pretty hard but luckily I was wearing a helmet…

2 Likes

Laws that enforce things like helmets and seat belts always stir this type of conversation. On one hand hand if one does not take these safety measures he only harms himself (and his family and friends). On the other hand in a society where he has free health care the rest of us will have to pay for his treatment from injuries that could have been avoided had he worn his helmet. I have yet to decide which is the correct approach. Example: If someone is stupid enough to risk his health/life just because he does not like to wear a seat belt then it is his problem not mine. But his child seating in the back will likely grow up to do the same if someone does not intervene.

There’s no such thing as free health care. Health care is a commodity like anything else. Should we have laws against over eating?

So you need a law to tell you to do what you think you should do?

no what i’m saying there will be people do not listen unless there is immidate conseqences.

1 Like

Gotcha. The consequence should be the injuries sustained due to the lack of a helmet.

1 Like