Help a sister out?

Whys ur motor mount look like meting duct tape…and also have the plane motor mount attached? Is there even any room on the shaft left

1 Like

Are you in LA? Maybe at some point we could meet up. I’m sure we culd get it sorted out.

1 Like

I’m in philly /NJ area

1 Like

It’s steel epoxied together. I put the plane motor mount on it because the holes for the screws were too big and that made them more secure. There is room on the shaft. It’s really hard to get it on and off though.

Is it covered? I think something may have gotten in my motor.

I think they were too different voltages when I plugged them into the parallel board.

I was trying to rewind them but my first couple of attempts didn’t work. The original windings completely disconnected from the phase wires.

better locally my friend.

listen sista :wink:maybe one magnet is broken and stay there and the motor can’t spin or a piece of metal or even tiny motor screw … first open the motor you will see

1 Like

sometimes I wonder what is wrong with the good old bicycle. Being Dutch, I just don’t understand why a cheap transportation method like that does not come to mind.

ESK8 has been fun, but in my case far from a cheap alternative to public transportation, cars, let alone…a bike.

1 Like

The problem with bikes for me is that they get stolen in the city, yes, while locked up, and they don’t conveniently fit in my car. I can always throw my board in my front seat, trunk, backseat or wherever. Again, my issue is probably different than others as I live near the city and travel in and out the city often. I am a musician and most of the time, wherever I’m gigging is going to have parking issues. I’ve had my fair share of parking tickets, as well as been late to gigs driving around in circles looking for a parking spot, to then have to walk several blocks, and all the while paying for the spot and hoping the meter doesn’t run out while I’m at the gig.

1 Like

Foldable bike :wink: Used them as a student for years.

That said, my locks were always more expensive that the bike itself.

They are pretty expensive and I’d most likely be sweaty by the time I got to my gig with the hills and small wheel base of the foldables

Looks like a case where short term savings ended up costing more in the wrong run. Motor clearance seems to be the primary culprit (chewed up mounts, motor bearing seized, potential electrical failure due to impact/vibration).

Invest in a proper adjustable motor mount that you can fine tune. @marcmt88 makes some rather quality motor mounts for 50$. 90mm wheels from buildkitbkards.com (30$) will give you extra plush and clearance for the motor. You have kids, so switch out that bomb for a LiPo pack and get a proper 18650 pack made by someone else (150$). It takes one fuckup and your home for your kids is gone. Esk8 is best thought with the mentality of Buy Once, Cry Once.

2 Likes

One word: parking.

Esk8 is the only method of transport besides walking which doesn’t require me to pay to park something or deal with locking up a bike or scooter. A folded-up scooter is too hard to carry, and folding/unfolding is a hassle. Esk8 is the only method where I don’t have to worry about paying to park or leaving my vehicle in a high-crime area. I just pick it up and keep going. No matter where that is.

2 Likes

Something in the motor mount was stopping the motor from spinning. Fixed that issue. Thanks

1 Like

Told ya!!!:grin:

1 Like