Help? Can't get full power to motor

I see what you mean, I bought two of these to wire the batteries together, Uploading…]()

All you have to do is change your setup from this:

to Jinra’s diagram. It’s just some simple soldering.

Yeah, that’s for two Batts in series

I’ll try it. Thank you guys.

Make sure you check each battery​:+1::+1::+1:

Okay I wired correctly and now have full power, but my on and off switch doesn’t work, the board stays on, any ideas??

@MysticalDork @Jinra

You likely fried the mosfet and now it’s perma on.

1 Like

Mosfet In the on and off switch? Is there any fix?

The switch worked with one battery, I got my wiring right, so now it doesn’t work, do I need a new switch possibly? @MysticalDork @Jinra @E1Allen

Sounds like you need a new switch. Unfortunately, those switches are prone to failure. Where did you get it from? If it was , it may be under warranty.

It was from there. But I cut the connectors off so I could get it to fit, would that void warranty?

If you remove shrink wrap or desolder anything typically it voids any sort of warranty. Not sure they’d cover this anyhow since it’s not likely manufacturer error or component failure in regular use (maybe they cover it though worth checking). Personally big proponent of just using a loop key with xt-90 antispark plugs far less failure prone and added safety feature if you make it easy to pull while riding.

1 Like

Why dont people read and understand the theory before jumping in. Im surprised you’ve not barbecued yourself and your home! Please be careful.

4 Likes

Don’t worry about the switch you don’t need it uneless you want it to look cool. If you just unsolder the switch it will work normally. Your lucky you didn’t fry the batteries

Can you explain where the loop key would go?

@wafflejock

@Kaden http://makersnebula.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/WiringDia.jpg

Don’t mean to pile on here but either heat shrink or cover all of the soldered wires with tape or something. You are asking for shorts the way it is. Also, there is a great “diagrams” forum post where so many of us posted diagrams of our setups, check it out and all will be clear. Just search “diagrams” and you will see the post.