HELP! dual hub build

Yes they are readily sold, somebody already linked you to a website to buy from a forum member

1 Like

Dude this is at least the second thread youā€™ve started like thisā€¦ā€œsolve my problem using these shitty components and nothing else, also I know better so no suggestions!ā€

Use the search function

1 Like

its not that im not open to sugestionsā€¦ i just cant deal with people telling me to ā€œjust buy a meepoā€ā€¦ also one of those threads got zero responses and the other was for single hub build which i took the advice not to do

I just looked at the item you want to buy and itā€™s only 100w not 1000w. 100w will barely get you moving.

If your budget is very low and you want to use hubs I would suggest to get on the @PredatorBoards group buy for ownboard parts. That includes the hubs, esc and remote I think.

Then get a decent 10s battery. Either a 10s2p from a forum member like the one linked, a 10s2p lipo setup with bms or if you really have to a meepo style 10s2p battery

Lol like anyone can afford it

1 Like

@pennyboard is right, you can find all of these answers by searching but just to get you started Iā€™ll tell you, no there arenā€™t different versions of the VESC, same tech just varying levels of quality (FOCBOXES seem to be the highest quality iteration)

1 Like

well thats just not true. There are different verisions of the vesc i have Three different ones on my desk as i type this, 4.10, 4.12 and 6. Then again i dont know what you imply by saying ā€œsame techā€. Iā€™m not even going to start on the FOCbox part.

Yes you are right in the sense there has been different versions. But there are many iterations of the 4.12(the most recent VESC before vedder teamed up with trampa), and those include basically all of the new VESCs you can buy right now including the focbox, and TB VESC.

so the same vesc that will work with a 24v 200w motorā€¦

will also work with a 36v 1000w volt motorā€¦

it just depends how you program it?

what about an ESCā€¦ those must be pre-spec-ed if you will? im looking at the maytech super esc or the new maytech dual escā€¦ because the cables are thick and theyre just overall less sketchyā€¦

it seems like maytech only sells one version so same questionā€¦ does it work the same with a 24v motor as it would with a 36 volt motorā€¦ or do i have to buy a specific version of the ESCā€¦ not really talking about iterations of quality

The vesc has motor detection to suit the motor you use it for. Again, read up on the VESC. Its all written Before.

My impression is that Maytech is know around here as one of the lesser brandnames. Alot of failures it seems.

Personally never used any of thier products

yes but theyre more readily available than R-SPECā€¦ and seem decent

im wondering if anyone has any experience getting truck hanger molds madeā€¦ i would like to make an R-SPEC style truck but one that is about 330mm wide axle width and one that is extremely narrow where the wheels are almost touching the king pinā€¦ gotta have that square piece that locks into the statorā€¦

Basically im wondering if theres any 3d models floating aroundā€¦ or if people know of the cheapest way to get it doneā€¦ it seems liek the cheapest i could find is about 800 to get the mold madeā€¦

Lost wax mold maybe. Cheap n easy. Lost pla maybe

You should try itā€¦ Itā€™s actually pretty fun lolā€¦

1 Like

im seeing these batteries for saleā€¦

https://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/Chinese-brand-cell-10s2p-18650-i_60750160852.html?spm=a2700.7782932.1998700997.8.25d21e7a335ZfY

are there any downsides to going with these?

im seeing others for about $80ā€¦

trying to keep the entire build under $500ā€¦ but also i have an investor/partner skateboard builder who wants to mass produce themā€¦ so im sure the price could go downā€¦ just trying to figure out a good designā€¦ from standard partsā€¦

we will probably figure something out for the electronics casingā€¦

once againā€¦ if hummies or R-spec were readily availableā€¦ i would totally use them but theyre notā€¦ and i dont know the first thing about designing my own hub motorā€¦ If anyone has any solidworks or inventor files theyd like to send me i wont stop you