Help for BMS wiring and BMS cutoff limits needed

@oyta thanks os much for providing your BMS wiring diagram that helps alot. I just had one question, how is your regen breaking working? When the battery is fully charged does it regen break well still? I read some horror stories of BMS’s cutting off and they have to bypass the BMS for discharge and only use it for charging.

Hi my BMS isn’t discharging properly. Can anyone tell if this chip error might be a cause? Thanks.

When installing bms for first time, should lipos be fully charged or at storage charge? They’re brand new and came at 30%

On my lipo I made sure they were fully charged before installing the BMS

I guess you already finished your battery setup, but just in case it might help someone else.

When you connect your LiPo (the same thing for Li-Ion) to a BMS, you should ensure at first that they are not faulty of course, and than that they are balanced. It doesbt really matterif they are fully charged to 4.2V (4.1V) or all balanced to maybe 3.85V, just the same Voltage (+/- 0,05V max.)

Hi im having trouble installing my lithiumbatterypcb 12s 60A bms. I tried contacting the company but one week and no response so im asking here.

I have C- and P- connected to negative wires to xt60 connectors. I have B- connected to the negative of my battery.

Next I try to solder the balance wires. The bc0 wire is black so I solder it to the negative of my pack alongside the B-. However… When i touch the bc1 wire to the series connection 1 it makes a high pitch noise from my bms.

My bms also has bc15 as a red wire. When I connect that to the positive I see the light on the Bluetooth flash for a second and it makes a spark. But still when I connect bc1 after back to the high pitch noise which is worrying.

Here’s a short video to try help explain.

Summary

[https://photos.app.goo.gl/gFKbLTFnitHXDyzG9](google drive link)

maybe i need to connect positive wires from c- and p- first… or maybe my bms works backwards starting from bc15… or maybe its simply that the bms only handles 60A and my battery is 12s3p samsung 30q…

SOLVED

so it turns out. i had to connect the positive from the c- and p- first and then the bc15 wire which was red. then the bluetooth on my bms turned on.

Then I had to solder the wires backwards from bc14 - bc13 - … - bc1 and then finally it worked!!! lol would have been nice if the manufacturer of my bms told me that or had instructions on their site or shipped with bms but whatever it turned out ok.