Help getting board on the road for a noob

Hey everybody,

I’ve got my first board all set up but I can’t figure out how to configure everything with the bdlc tool or the new vesc tool. I know people have posted similar issues on here before but none seem to have a setup like mine that I could find.

My specs are below:

Motor: Turnigy 6354 260kv x2

Battery: Turnigy Graphene Professional 8000mAh 6S 15C 22.2V LiPo x2

Enertion FOCBOX x2

gear ratio 15/36 wheels 97mm

I’ve already blown one vesc (due to soldering the spark protector incorrectly) and I’d prefer not to blow any more due to incorrect configuration as funds for replacements are quite low.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Use the forum search feature as well. You might have to do some reading.

Your setup is no different than anyone elses. The specific values based on your motors and batteries apply to you. But in general no different. Are you able to connect the vesc to the BLDC tool? What specifically is your issue?

2 Likes

Don’t feel bad I ruin great stuff everyday. Post some pics when ur ready brohan :rofl:

1 Like

I didn’t mean to make it sound like I had some crazy setup, I just meant that no one else who was getting help on the forum had the same setup exactly, so I was having trouble with setting up the vescs.

Basically I had no idea what values to input in the bdlc tool. That video was crazy helpful though so thank you very much.

I basically needed a complete walk through of what values to enter into the tool but now with the Vesc tool it seems it has been made much easier.

I was able to get my motors to spin but not well and not consistently.

1 Like

Pics are coming very soon!

So that video was perfect. I got my board all set up and out on the road.

now I have to charge the batteries…thought it would be relatively simple…of course not.

I have a Turnigy Reaktor Pro 350W 23A power supply and a Turnigy Reaktor 250W 10A balance charger/discharger and a 40A Paraboard (not sure if I even need this) and a harness for in series battery use.

I don’t know what goes into what and how to program the balance charger.

I’d be much obliged for help.

20180622_204616

So that video was perfect. I got my board all set up and out on the road.

now I have to charge the batteries…thought it would be relatively simple…of course not.

I have a Turnigy Reaktor Pro 350W 23A power supply and a Turnigy Reaktor 250W 10A balance charger/discharger and a 40A Paraboard (not sure if I even need this) and a harness for in series battery use.

I don’t know what goes into what and how to program the balance charger.

I’d be much obliged for help.

20180622_204616