Help me figure out my options for building a board with 12s4p

Hello! New here. I will soon have a spare carbon Meepo Hurricane deck, Meepo Hurricane Battery (12s4p) and a charging port (metal enclosure fitting the deck with a switch and charging port). I am from Europe and am wondering how much different tiers of builds would cost, roughly, so that I can decide whether to build something.

I own an Exway X1 PRO and a Meepo Hurricane.

My idea is to perhaps build it using Ownboard W2 parts (Ownboard W2 PRO (38”) - Dual Belt Electric Skateboard with 105mm Cloud – ownboard). The company told be they can send only the parts I would need. I saw someone else on this forum using Backfire G2 hub motor parts as well, I assume that company would also be willing to send parts. I assume this is the cheapest option I have, doing DIY? What about the quality of these parts? Such a build would probably be used by my girlfriend or friends to ride with me, since the Hurricane is better for riding hard and the X1 the best for commuting.

Alternatively I could sell the Hurricane and build a better performing board, but what price points are we talking here? I paid 1300eur for the Hurricane. (I’d need to buy a charger as well, going this route)

What would you guys build if you had this deck and battery laying around? What are my cheapest build options? How much would a step up from the Hurricane cost me (better stability, higher top speed)?

1 Like

Hello @superjet700, welcome to the ESK8 forum. I’m still fairly new here so I’ll let the more experienced riders give some advice.

Hi bro, I think 12S4P battery is good even for a DIY setup, you can use this battery as I know Meepo used the P42A battery, but The Deck is not customizable, I feel you will encounter some obstacles when you’re tying to layout the wires or change ESC, Meepo has used the LingYi ESC which is only compatible with rare motor most you can find is here in meepo, and the carbon fiber deck of the hurricane is quite hard to open up, I recon you to keep original hurricane.

2 Likes

If you insist to DIY, You can change the ESC first, the best choice if VESC, which support a high current and precisely control to motor, and monitoring the battery condition for you. I haven’t built any, but I used to be a meepo staff last year, as far as I know, the advantages of meepo is the battery quality and solid designed, the ESC is the biggest problem for meepo.

2 Likes