Help! my board randomly stops working

I can email you the fixed 2.18 firmware or you can download the bldc tool with firmware here: http://www.enertionboards.com/FOCBOX-speed-controller.html

Or you could download the new Vesc Tool with firmware https://www.vesc-project.com/vesc_tool

okay im downloading it. also i tapped the arrow keys while my board was connected and now the controller wont control the board, this has happened before but i dont rmeber what setting i change to fix this

When you update your firmware, it should put everything back to factory default settings so you have to set it all up again but the update may fix the other problems your having.

okay, and do i need to download the firmware from somewhere or is it built into the program?

It will be in a folder that comes with the bldc tool. Are you on windows or Mac?

I am on windows 10

When you unzip the download file, there should be a folder in the package with firmware files.

If not, send me a pm with your email address and I will email you the file.

1 Like

the firmware files I have are Mac bin files so not sure if it will work with the windows bldc tool or not. Hopefully the bldc tool download will have the files packaged with it

1 Like

I have found the file I’m trying to update it now

use the vesc_default.bin

I’m watching a Esk8 support video right now

It didn’t fix the controller problem

did you already go through all the settings and write config? you need to set everything and write config and check your ramp step to make sure it’s not multiplying. You will also need to recalibrate your controller in the bldc tool.

try a different receiver - may have burnt out the channel on that one. esp if you have removed it and connected it the wrong way

No I don’t remember what all I have to do, I have only read the current configs

When you update the firmware it should be like new and needs to be setup. Vesc have never been plug n play

It’s been so long since I updated my firmware but I think you will have to start over from the beginning. Current and voltage settings, Motor detection, controller calibration,

Okay thank you I’m watching a video on how to do it now I’ll check in when I’m done

I’m going to bed in a few min but I’ll check back in the morning to see how it went

Here is a good video on how to setup your controller in the bldc tool