HELP. My motor is barely moving me. It had plenty of speed yesterday but today it is only going ~5mph

I have a 10s5p battery with a 6374 192kv motor. I took it out last night and it went plenty fast. Took it inside and looked at the vesc software and I am guessing it somehow reset everything. My motor settings are max: 70A, min: -60A, Battery max is 40A and min is -12A. The voltages are 34, and 31. Ive spent all day trying to figure this out and can’t.

This is the remote settings: 2019-03-06

Is your battery charged? You can check the voltage in Vesc tool:

2 Likes

Check your wire connectors, same thing happened to me

Which wires?

woah thats cool. Im getting 30v through it and this is the current: 2019-03-06%20(1)

does this look normal?

1 Like

Well if your cutoff voltage is 31V, and you’re getting 30.9V from your battery, then it seems like you’re out of power :smiley:

Charge up your battery, it should be 42.0V when fully charged :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Get ready to wait… That 2a charger takes quite a second to charge it fully

1 Like

Oh maybe thats why, I charged it for about half an hour just to test if it was the charger and it didn’t do anything. But this brings me to another conclusion, my LED always states that my battery is at 100%

1 Like

Your led on the charger or your battery meter?

Yeah you have the same issue I did. You got the wrong lcd display / you have it programmed wrong

Not sure which one you have, and if I did, I wouldn’t be much help anyways. What I did was swap the reader over to volts and then just got used to reading it as 42v is topped off, and 30 is lowest I would ever go

1 Like

Plug the charger in, let it go from red to solid green and you’re all set

Make sure the charger isnt covered, they get kinda hot

1 Like

Battery meter, attached to my board. It reads 40 volts all the time

On the back is a micro switch. Press it and it will allow you to set the series count of your battery. ie 10s. Then you can see where you are.

The tiny black button? I pressed it, held it, pressed it while holding the screen button but nothing happened

turn off the battery then hold down the black switch while you turn the battery back on. It should flash and allow you to scroll using the front buttons to set it to 10s.

1 Like

Okay it looks like I pick a letter between L, F and P and then select a 2 digit number. I have a 10s5p battery. I was not sure what the letters meant but I put 10 in

Choose L because that stands for lithium then select 10s

good to go brother!!

3 Likes

Thanks a ton man! It showed 2%, then 100% and then 99% and now it still says 100% but i’ll keep on fiddling with it to try and figure it out. I really appreciate it though. I hope my battery was just out and that is why I was having a really weak motor originally

2 Likes

At 30v it should be reading the 2% mark which is why the board was not moving. Get it set and hopefully everything is hunky dory. Remember the 10s should read 42v on max charge. Don’t let the battery get that low again either. If it gets too low you will struggle to charge it with a 2a charger and it can get damaged. Good luck!

1 Like

Noted!! Thanks so much

1 Like