Help Needed **** 12s single drive 6374 190kv slows down after like 20 seconds

his motor just wouldn’t spin if that was the case. I know from experience :wink:

Mine were touching yesterday, they spun, just not as fast as they were constantly braking. Motor also ran hot. I cut about 1/2cm off each of the touching bolts. Now they don’t brake.

1 Like

I guess that does make sense… Mine were embedded in the windings of my motor :grin:

Wait what are you guys talking about because my motor did spin in place yesterday as well once but I wasn’t moving. It sounded like it was winding up but nothing was happening

Can you show me a picture of what your talking about. I’m about off work to provide pics of my vesc settings

post your vesc settings, its either the vesc heating up too much or your voltage cuttoff limiting the power.

On my way home now will be the next thing I post

I can take one later, but we are talking about the 4, M4 Hex bolts that hold the motor to the motor mount. Those bolts are way too long. You can look into the motor through the little cutouts on the pulley side of the motor and see how far the bolts stick into the motor.

If you see that any of the 4 bolts are touching the wires inside, you’ve got a problem. You’ll need to file down the bolts so they don’t touch.

You can test this by taking a look inside, if there are one or two bolts that touch, just back them out a little bit and retest on the bench.

Did the temp reading and everything was fine

Just rode again and for the first mile it would top out at 28-29mph then after that it wouldn’t go past 20mph and loss all Torque! WTF

wtf… your integrator limit is 11 when your detection shows 113. Thats 100% your issue.

No that was a mistake. It’s set at 110 because the benchmark was 113

you might be hitting the max erpm?

How would I know if I’m doing that? If there a way to benchmark it? I thought with this setup I’d be able to coast at 30mph

Could I limit the erpm to 50,000 and then it wouldn’t be hitting it? I’m just wanting this thing to get 10-12 miles at 30mph if that’s possible

@torqueboards any help with the setting you can think of? Or am I trying to run a single motor to high for a 195lb guy

try lowering your battery cutoff start and end to like 7 and 8 volts thats what I have mine at, but then again I don’t think that would do much since your battery pack is so huge at 500Wh there shouldn’t be much voltage sag. Power is usually attributed to the mosfet temps from what I have experienced because I run 10s single drive and weigh 190 and after climbing a hill all my power is gone due to mosfet reaching 80 degrees.

why the hell are your cutoffs so low

Idk works for me . Not like I need those cut offs. got voltage monitors on board and on phone