Help on this esk8 build

Yes, vesc is much better then car ESCs.

230kv with 10s is over 60k, it is shown at 59,570 here, but this calculator using nominal voltage I believe which means at full voltage it will be above 60k.

190kv with 10s or 12s though is a great setup and balance of speed and tourqe.

Okay good, thanks.

I’m using this motor and this vesc. Soo :slight_smile:

Yes those should work. Out of curiosity, have you ever ridden skateboard/longboard before?

Yea. I have a Yuneec E-GO skateboard right now. But it’s just started to be too slow for me… It was very fun at start, but it started to feel more boring to ride it.

Makes sense, just so you know though, the max of speed of around 12mph of that and the 30mph that you are looking to get out of this board are completely different. I think you are fine to start out with 10s, 190kv, 16/36, 53 tooth belt. These should get you about 25+mph and can also be upgraded later if you need more speed.

Yea i know. I’ve tried one of my friends board (koowheel) which go around 25 mph, and thats wayyy more fun :slight_smile: But thanks for the help. Do you have any places to buy from which is good and not too expensive? My build i have found right now cost about $1000. And thats a lot over my budget…

At hobby king you can get an sk3 192kv 6374 motor for around 70 or 80 usd I believe. Where are you getting everything else? There might be a few places to make things a bit cheaper.

I’m getting everything from this website.

Hmm, I would search hobby king and http:// to see if you can cut costs a little.

Okay, i’'ll try it. TY

1 Like