Got a boosted board a while back, and I have really been enjoying the experience so far. However, I really like to tinker, and build things which my boosted board doesn’t facilitate very well. I do have some 3d printed wheel hacks that I’m waiting to receive parts for, but this isn’t enough. I’ve been lurking for a while, and doing a lot of research but feel a little overwhelmed with options and don’t know which direction to go and how to meet my specification requirements. Use case:
- Daily commute 4 miles one way.
- Road quality varies wildly from smooth to astrological impact event.
- Body weight 230lbs
- flexy deck
- 25mph+ crusing speed
- range 10mi+
- skate or AT wheels
- deck - Loaded Icarus - $215
- trucks - TB 218mm - $65
- motors - TB 6374 190KV x2 - $240
- mounts and pulleys - TB SINGLE BOLT ON MOTOR MOUNT W/ DRIVE WHEEL KIT 16/36 x2 - $216
- wheels - abec 11 - already own
- Nano remote - $25
- Male to male service - $3
- TB VESC 4.12 - x2 - $200
- VESC canbus - $2
- Vesc connector - $7
Still trying to figure out how to accommodate a 12s4p battery on a flexy board. This is the most intimidating part for me as I don’t have a spot welder, but I suppose if need be I can get one. However, the N.E.S.E. packs seem like a viable option. So for the battery I have:
- Samsung 25r 18650 2500mAh 20A x 48 - $240
- NESE module x 12 - $132
- Custom fiber-glass enclosure
What do y’all think so far? What am I missing?