Help! single hub build

how the hell can you encourage this?

4 Likes

I used to use two motors that were 4725 stators, so 47 diameter and 25mm long, but now I have single motors that are 4752 so over double the size of a single, little bit more than a double, and with lower resistance being hand wound. yea a single will work with what he wants for sure

1 Like

Agreed!

Ten chars

depends on the size of the single! I used to ride a 4775 stator so 3x as long. a single though. no traction control which is awesome but otherwise its pretty damn good

i used the acton blink v2 hub version for a while and it served me well… im not sure what the fuss is about… obviously its has its limitations but im honestly a very skinny dude that just wants to do short bursts of acceleration not flaming hot 30mph up a 25% hill… im not saying anyone is wrong im just saying… are these boards NOT being sold accross the country and working great for many?

No…they’re constantly broken and generally just disposable junk…i had a single Acton hub that lasted 2 rides and I’m 175lbs…if you’re so set on a single drive a belt would be much more reliable…

This isn’t like…just my opinion dude…these are experiences

2 Likes

I would either do dual hubs or single belt

problem with belt drive is that the motor pulley constantly loosens and i simply dont have time to be traveling around the middle of manhattan with an allen key in case my diy board needs an adjustment… secondly belt drive needs reasonably wide trucks… i would do dual hub but my trucks wont fit it…

also… wouldnt dual hub mean less range? or require bigger battery… more maintainance… more to go wrong… more complicated ESC…

i guess i could file down a square section on my truck hanger and use 2 hub motors… but im sitting here asking you humbly…how??? what kind of esc to use… battery etc… give me something to go on… im not an electrical engineer…

get a vesc that will run foc and (4) 3s lipo packs 5000mah and at least 30c

and a hub motor. a big hub motor.

but two motors gives better efficiency than one so bit more range with two. same size battery needed for one or two motors assuming the same power to the road

i cant tell if youre being sarcastic… also i just want a portable board to zip around on so i mean its not like its incorrect that it wouldnt “work” by many’s standards… im gentle on my stuff i dont need industrial grade attack helicopter off roading performance

I’m not being sarcastic.

ok… IF i can file down a square thing to hold a second hub motor in place im not opposed… but im reluctant to start hacking away at my truck hangers…

this just leaves the poinnt that i cant use lipo because i dont want to use an imax charger… i need something i can wall charge…

Can you post a picture of your trucks?

you can charge with a bulk power supply and balance discharger. but I’m not going to say more because someone will freak out. you’ll have to read more.

I’m not saying to cut the hanger just saying one hub motor can work if it’s big.

Put a pic of your trucks

1 Like

I recently posted a dual hub motor build in the used esk8 market. it’s dual 90mm meepo hubs, a chinese ESC and remote, and a 10s 2p battery that charges using the laptop style charger that you’re looking for. I have it all installed on a fairly small deck with a kicktail and it gets pretty good range (I have personally gone just over 8 miles) and it has carried me up pretty decent hills. you should consider a setup like this as it seems to fit most of your parameters- if you want to go ahead and buy it, i’m letting it go for pretty cheap (230 ish probably) which I think is a pretty good deal considering it hasn’t been ridden all that much. i’ll include the link: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/gold-coast-hub-motor-cruiser/50325

ever heard of the quickwheel serpent C?

i bought one… it arrived a few days ago and only goes wheelchair speed… I WAS PISSED… but at least it wasnt a total waste because i got these super rare hub motor trucks out of it… the concept was good… if it had the performance or slightly better than an acton it would have been perfect for my needs…

and what i dont get is that the lower performance cant be blamed on the smallness of the deck because they made the electronics compartment extremely fat and close to the ground…

i can only assume the company was either trying to cut costs or is retarded and out of touch with what people actually need… missed a crazy opportunity…

this

VS obnoxious trucks on other “mini” boards which completely defeats the purpose…

images

as you can tell ive put a lot of thought into this…

im not sure i want to use 90mm hubs… would the same setup work with smaller hubs… does the size usually have anything to do with the specs??

is it a common thing to find hub motors of the same specs but come in different sizes… or is size directly involved with the specs

@admiralackbar stop. Go do more research, then come back. You’re makung me frustrated

Just buy this its on sale and you can’t make something cheaper with a nice enclosure and a 90 day warranty. This board is cheap but It has been tested and has a good reputation.

2 Likes