Help trying to understand what happened

hey gang,

this weekend I was finally testing my esk8 and something weird/dangerous happened.

when I was testing top speed the motor locked and I was thrown out of the board :(. hurt my arm in the process and a bunch of scratches.

this is my setup:

• Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6364-245kv Brushless Outrunner Motor
  • HobbyKing Red Brick 125A ESC (Opto) Ver 2.0
  • Quanum 2.4Ghz 3ch Pistol Grip Tx & Rx System
  • Turnigy 5000mAh 6S 40C Lipo Pack

This is what happened next: the motor still running but only when I set the brake on the remote, its inverted and I don’t know why.

anyone experienced something similar before and have any idea what is going on?

thanks in advance PC

there is a switch on the remote to invert it. maybe you bumped it when you stacked.

and throw that red brick in the bin before It throws you there.

what should I buy?

i recomend the x-car beast if you are looking for a cheap ESC. hobbyking sells them

thats the one.

I believe your remote does not have a failsafe you can set properly which may give you the problems you’re experiencing.

To test failsafe. With your board turned upside down on the bench and powered on. Turn on remote then leave it turned off. Check if wheels are in nuetral not braking or accelerating.

I tried the Quanum Tx/Rx you have - didn’t like the “gun” look to it. People are already pretty on-edge about weapons so didn’t like looking like i was holding some gun-like thing riding. Then i had the usual battery draining issue w/ batteries not lasting long.

I’d suggest the GT2b Tx/Rx. Big as sold - 3d printer and a little time and you have a great option! Super reliable and good battery life.

my .02

1 Like

I didn’t have the brakes set up at that point, exactly to avoid what happened : frowning:

it was the weirdest thing and caught me by surprise

The quanum pistol is a piece of shit known to have problems. Get a different controller…

I got the GT2b that I will test.

But I still think it was something like an overload with the ESC that decided to cut the power, but it felt like looking the motor when I flew to the asphalt. lol

the lack of documentation to setup this ESC is a problem, I am mapping the sounds so I can see if I can find any document that matches it.

It do have one, if you cut the remote’s power it will cut the power to the ESC, not braking, just cut the power