HELP: VESC was working fine, now wont connect or work!

the pc does not recognize the device when I plug it in

Humm… could be a corrupted firmware of bootloader, if so you need to program it manually with an st-link.

how do I do that?

You probably didn’t do anything, I’ve seen some issue like this with this firmware. What is your VESC (sorry I did not read the hole thread)

its a flipsky 4.12 vesc, 2 of them

Are the 2 doing the same thing?

yes they are and they were connected over can bus

After I did get them to connect vesc tool said it could not read firmware, is it possible the firmware was working and now isn’t?

Can you see some ligh when you power them ?

there is a green and a blue light

Try to disconect the can… then plug usb each one into the computer (I don’t if it is possible) and check if at least they are reconize

I already did connect the can bus and tried that, but it stills says cannot read firmware

Cannot read firmware version, it says

Hummm… Really look like a corrupt firmware…

can I reinstall firmware with this: https://core-electronics.com.au/st-link-stm8-stm32-v2-programmer-emulator.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQiAuf7fBRD7ARIsACqb8w7qMpX1RHZhqiZf73OYv6xvBC4OYVsA7RvdI22x77R9lu11Kk23HMUaAq2VEALw_wcB

1 Like

Yes it should work

ok ill get it now , thanks for your help

No problem. It is always a pleasure.

It’s a long-shot, but try this: Assuming you are using a Windows machine, disconnect the USB to your VESC, open the Device Manager and expand the Ports sub-menu. Note what current COM port is listed (if any). Now connect your VESC and observe if a new COM port is added in the Device Manager. If a new port is added, right-click on that port and select “Uninstall device” and also select “Delete the driver software”. Go to the top menu of the Device Manager and click Action, “Scan for hardware changes”. Your VESC’s COM port should be re-detected and added to the Ports sub-menu. Right click on the newly added COM port (it may have a yellow exclamation next to it), then select Update Driver, “Search automatically for updated driver software”. Once the driver has been updated for your VESC’s COM port and status looks normal, go into the VESC tool, select the COM port that matches what you saw in Device Manager, then connect. Post the latest output that you get from VESC terminal.

2 Likes

Also try turning your pc off, connecting the usb and starting it up while connected. I had a 6.6 that would only read doing that.