Help with a DIY electric skateboard build!//ASAP//single drive

Yes, for the balance ports you are going to need a 3s to 6s adaptor which you can find easily online. As for the discharge plugs, I will use something in my diagram called a parallel adaptor which basically splits your battery into 2 separate plugs, one will be for charging, and one will be for your ESC. I recommend that you use XT60 or XT90 connectors as they are quite cheap, work great, and are foolproof as to connecting wires backwards (positive to negative instead of positive to positive).

Here is the parallel connector I mentioned, it will look like a big blog of XT60 connectors in the diagram though. https://www.amazon.com/Gartt-XT-60-Parallel-battery-adapter/dp/B00KXVW63A/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1488231170&sr=1-1&keywords=no+wires+parallel+connector+xt60

Im sure you can find better prices and/or better quality parts if you search. I also made my own out of extra XT60 connectors from my build for free. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here it is! Fresh of the press for you my friend! If anyone wants to check my work and see if it will work I am quite open to criticism.

1 Like

Just received my adaptors from Miami Boards and they look very solid and well built. The only modification I will have to make before I can use it is a Male-To-Female XT60 adaptor since both my battery and the connector have female connectors (DOH!).

1 Like

You have no idea how helpful and amazing you are :slight_smile: Thanks so much for the help, I will try to follow the diagram as closely as possible and if I need any extra cables, I can always take a trip to my local RC store :slight_smile:

Sounds good, good luck in your build man and if you have questions you know where to ask them :slight_smile:.

1 Like