Help with my build

The way braking works with Flier ESC’s is they begin to brake as soon as you let go of the speeder. So you can’t really cruise with it and that makes it more battery consuming. It also feeels really odd to ride compared to the more normal RC car ESC. Your fingers have to be on high alert all the time if you don’t want to face the asphalt.

Thanks for that tip.

You can’t get enough reduction on the small area we need. I.e the wheels

1 Like

I was thinking I might run into that problem.

I just bought 83mm fly wheels last week. I’m hoping I can still get this to work.

I am trying to build a small, motorized vehicle for a little girl who has no function of her legs. I have been trying to base my design off of electric skateboard instructables. Right now I have a 100A ESC and a 5045 500 kv motor. I saw above in the comments to send the motor back unless you weigh 60 pounds - she really is like 60 pounds haha so I am trying not to send the motor back. I currently have a plane ESC and realized that that is not what I want, so I was looking into other ESCs and found that VESC is highly recommended. I could really use some help in determining if the VESC will work well with the motor I have and would love any tips or information that people have. This is for a little girl so we we are not concerned about speed - our target speed is about 3mph.