Help with new build electronics

if you are going with lipos, then jsut use the cheap BMS for charging and skip it all together when drawing power (its simple wiring solution). if you go with Li-ion’, then you probably should go the expensive route. unless you pack can spit out more then 80A and if you use only one motor.

The batteries are 8000mAh and rated at 30c so it could handle the 80A, the I might be moving up to a dual motor at some point however. I think the route you suggested is the best one though, just using it for charging and then have a loop key for its connection to the vesc. @Holyman92 brought up a good point. Would it be more worth it to go for the sensored motor at $40 more or the unsensored motor (which could output 1000w more)?

And thank you all for your help. I know that some of these questions have been answered in other threads, I just couldn’t find them all. I appreciate the time you took to answer.

since both motors can only handle 80a max, and have different wattages, u can do the math which tells us the only difference is the ammount of voltage u can pass through them… going based on the max amps and the max wattage for the DIY motor u can pass 39.37v through it (based on their ratings) and the SK3 can handle 50.4v.

so i guess it depends on what u plan to do power wise, and rather or not you want to kick off before starting ur motors or just take off from a stand still… my understanding of non sensored motors is twitchy startups, however this is all just from me reading about in the forums

This is completely different area than we were discussing, but i just read through the whole loop key thread that you were a part of a couple months ago. Many of the contributors to that thread used different sized connectors for the connection. @sl33py used 6mm bullet connectors, while others used as small as 2mm bullet connectors. Does it matter which size I go with?

Not sure I’m following… Loop key usually involves an anti-spark connector, and most people use a XT90S plug for this. The connector itself is 4.5 mm I believe. Did this answer your question at all?

Edit: Oh ok. >Checked the thread. My suggestion is not to overcomplicate things by diying the anti-spark plug itself using a resistor and bullets aso, just go the easy way using the XT90S and you’re fine.

If using bullets on battery side, I’d say you’re definately good using 4-6mm.

@Sebike thanks for the help, I got pretty much everything cleared up by now, and I can get everything else from other threads

2 Likes