Help with stock Evolve and Unity

I just brought a Unity for my evolve gt because the ESC just died. i need help understanding lots of things because i don’t want to fry the Unity. everything on my evolve is stock. stock bms, stock battery, stock motors.

1-The motors are mt30 connectors not the Unity’s 3.5mm ones. What do i do? can i cut off the motor connectors and resolder the male 3.5mm on without damaging the motors? visc versa i know it voids the warranty on the unity.

2-the stock battery is a dean connector. can i just cut the wires and resolder an xt60? does this hurt the battery? can I fry the battery? what must I NOT do?

Did you get a new remote?

Changing bullets on motors is easy peasy but when doing the battery take it slow and steady. Cut the wires individually (very important lol)
I usually cut one and solder it to the new connector and shrink tube it before cutting the other. If they touch one another then you will get a nasty surprise.
If you don’t already have one then buy a helping hand solder station. Something like this image

1 Like

Awesome, thanks!! well I have not ordered a remote yet as I just ordered the unity today but I am aware that I need a new one :wink:

Thanks for the battery tips :rofl: I can just foresee it.

1 Like

That unity will take awhile

i got it from a guy in france. he does not need it. it will arrive in 3-4 days :wink:

3 Likes

Ahh, thought you ordered from them

1 Like

Glad to help. Think about a new battery at some point too. Changing the electronics will highlight just how bad those old evolve packs are. Saying that the platform is such a great tuning starting point. With a bit more grunt an evolve is a lot of fun. Done a couple now for people and loved the end result. You don’t have to go crazy but a 10s4p 30q and 63mm motors will blow your socks off compared with stock. Have fun.

1 Like

I thought of it but I prefer going full DIY :smile:

I am planning an all-terrain falcon Evo 39’’ (TB are coming out with all-terrain pneumatics for their 218mm trucks). I will sell the evolve with the unity inside. it will be cheaper.

1 Like

IMG_1580

I love me an evo 39. I also love tb218’s but dare i say it the haggy trucks are a much better option out of the box. TB218s are based on caliber and while being ok trucks they take some setting up to get the same performance you get with the haggy’s. If I was doing another all terrain set up it would be with Haggy trucks and bergmeister wheels without a doubt. Lovely combination.

When you come to sell the evolve take the unity out and put the original esc back in it. Start your search now for one second hand. They do come up from time to time.

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind suggestions @dareno ! I have never heard of Haggy! but then I am also quite new to this community :blush: . I have just done a bit of research and I found out that their all-terrain haggy drive system is about 40+usd cheaper than if I was to get two 6374 from elsewhere+haggy trucks+haggy AT wheels+motor mounts, etc…! I still don’t understand though if any wheel works on their trucks. Can I slam on some 107 flywheel? does the evolve flywheel pulley work or is a special wheel pulley required?

@dareno?

1 Like

Pulleys are assigned to whatever wheel they were designed for. Evolve are mostly abec core wheels so abec pulleys will work. Haggy use kegel core so only kegel core wheels will be compatible. Kegels are the ones with small holes and abec are the ones with an elongated curved orifice with a small raised section.

1 Like

Thank you!!

1 Like