I’ve been working on diagnosing the issues with one of my VESC’s and have noticed that the VESC in question thinks that the motor is drawing 80A+ at idle, with no battery draw. Obviously this is an issue and I have gone through a list of things trying to fix/diagnose this issue. If anyone has any ideas on what could be wrong or if I seem to have missed something please let me know. Potentially relavent riding history, the last time I went for a ride I blew the DRV8302 (VESC errored out) but did replace the chip
Things I have tried:
- reflashing firmware, both 2.18 and 2.53
- Confirming motors have no shorts/issues
- Replaced DRV8302 (from previous issue)
- Reflowed both MCU and DRV8302 (noticed both were slightly off from my assembly previously)
- cleaned up many solder points and confirmed that all resistors and caps are well connected
- cleaned and tested mosfets ( anyone got a good guide that i can double check i was seeing the right things?)
- made sure sense resistors are soldered well and reading correct resistance.
I’m honestly a bit at a loss here, I managed to get the VESC to work well and not report crazy current levels after going through task 4 and 5 most recently but then when i went to put the whole board back together it started to act up again. Probably going to assemble another VESC to start fresh but I figured i’d try and see if anyone has had issues like this before.
Also, picture of realtime current data from BLDC-Tool: