High Power LED Switch by Current Control Systems [Version 2.0!]

Hello everyone!

I just designed and tested a prototype LED switch which I made for my VESC. These were prototype switches, but they work really well so I decided to sell the rest. I’ve put a lot of effort into designing this switch, and it’s rated well over the regular power requirements. It’s over-engineered I would say.

Each of the MOSFETs I use are rated for 120amps by the silicon, and 75 amps by the package pins (with adequate heatsinking). With four of these, this switch barely gets warm during use, and I’ve tested this by riding up a hill with a thermistor attached (although I am pretty light).

The main feature is the blue LED, which is a feature which is lacking on most switches. It’s a waterproof button switch which comes with a rubber gasket. I did not include any connectors on these switches because there are a large variety of them, but I did pre-solder the 10AWG wires as carefully as possible for your convenience.

The switch comes with the PCB, the blue LED toggle switch with a connector, and black heat-shrink tubing.

You can view more data about this switch here, and you can buy the switch on my website here.

Oh, and most importantly!

I have only eight of these switches availible, and the first four purchasers can use the coupon code:

ESK8W/VLAD

for $5 off! I have one which I can ship right away, and the rest I will ship over the weekend. If you have any questions just feel free to ask! Cheers!

PS. Also, fun fact, you can use this modify this switch to make a spot welder :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Hi Vlad

To confirm this switch is good for 6S to 12S? I am planning a system which will use 9S.

About that PS. How I can use this as spot welder switch?

Order placed. Please see order notes and pm me if need be :slight_smile:

Looks great. Will they ship asap? Also when will the next batch be made (if you are making another batch)

You can use a car battery with a serie of mosfet to short circuit the Battery through the metal you want to weld. This is better controlled with a small microcontroller like in this project

I got one, looks great.

Looks great, will give it a try, just got one thanks!

got 2 Coupon code didn’t work, No biggy edit nevermind I didn’t see it was for the first 4

Looking forward to em!

Hi Vlad

To confirm this switch is good for 6S to 12S? I am planning a system which will use 9S.

Yes, this switch will work from 6S, 7S, 8S, 9S, 10S, 11S, and 12S! It can also theoretically go down to 1S at the expense of more heat produced, and up to 17S (which is not guaranteed to work). The reason for this range is the regenerative braking.

About that PS. How I can use this as spot welder switch?

Like akira said, you can hook this up to a car battery and spot-weld things like that. You’ll need to provide a very short pulse, which can be done with a microcontroller, or a couple of discrete components as well (transistors and capacitors etc.)

Order placed. Please see order notes and pm me if need be :slight_smile:

Sweet, thank you! I saw your note, and you have same question Concept has. It will totally work! :slight_smile:

Looks great. Will they ship asap? Also when will the next batch be made (if you are making another batch)

Thanks! They will ship later today so yes. Before 9PM most likely. And my next batch will be a batch of 20 and it will come in about 4 weeks I think.

Awesome, @mmaner, @caustin, and @Bender! I got your orders and I’ll post a picture before I ship them! Thank you everyone else who ordered. There’s only one left now!

Also ordered one. Looking forward to get it. Great work!

Hello everyone! I shipped all of your orders! I still have one lone switch left over if anyone wants it!

The delivery time is 4-6 days for the US, 6-12 days for Canada, and 6-14 days for international (I think I only got one order which went to Sweden).

Each of the switches and buttons were tested individually at a load of 5 amps, and I covered each switch with heat-shrink to protect it.

Here are some pictures!

If you guys have any questions about your switches just ask! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just sent funds. Looks great!

Thanks! :slight_smile: I’ll ship your switch out tomorrow.

1 Like

Just got my switch in. Now I just need every other part for my build, haha :smile:

Can’t wait to test it out. Thanks, @VladPomogaev

1 Like

I’m hoping to get mine in the mail this week. Waiting for deliveries is the worst part of all DIY :slight_smile:

Hello everybody! I hope some of you got your switches now. I forgot to mention one thing: the output of tbe switch (the side that goes to your ESC) are the two wires which are closer together. The other side is the input.

Vlad

Received mine yesterday Looks like quality work! Will test it later this week

Testing in progress…

Success! :blush: The switch will be a nice addition to my second board. Here’s everything laid out for testing. The wires are waaay to long for my taste, especially the phase wires both from the VESCs and the motors (both Maytech) so I will need to do some shortening before final assembly.

Pics :