High Power LED Switch by Current Control Systems [Version 2.0!]

The last one I got from you is still working great. I could use another for the aluminum board with skikes I’m building. Let me know when they are ready and I’ll buy one. Good work.

1 Like

I’m in for another one when available!

1 Like

Please let us know when the next batch is complete! Could I buy one without the power button if I an extra one.

Can’t wait to get mine from the previous batch. Seems like finally someone made a reliable spark switch.

I’m not sure if this is a dumb question or not but is there any current draw when off? If so how many milli amps? Like if you don’t have a BMS would this eventually fully discharge your battery?

Not sure what you are talking about. Never heard of a properly done Vedder switch to fail…

Just an example:

Which means you have also read this no?

I Don’t know dude…I was under the impression recently that I see more and more people have their switches failing. I might be wrong then.

Mine failed when i connected the Switch to the battery. And it was switched off.

Where did you buy your switch ?

From Esk8 and it was well made. Soldering was nice. And they replaced it with no questions asked.

We had a talk in the forum previously and we came to the idea that when you connect the switch to the battery that a small current spike goes into the mosfets. Same like with Capacitors. And this might kills them. But we also could be terribly wrong with that. But since that i first connect the Vedder-Switch to the Battery via cables with crocodile clamps and a resistor in between so that the Mosfets can charge up. And then i plug in the cable. And i also try avoid it to disconnect the switch from the battery.

But it also could be that it doesn’t make any sense. But i am a noob when it comes to electronics so i make this additional step and hope that the switch never fails again.

Yes of course!

Nope, no current draw. (Well there is, but it’s way smaller than the self-discharge rate of your lipo’s). If you turn the switch on, then the switch will consume current for the LED and some for keeping the MOSFETS on.

The most common thing to fail here is probably either the actual button, or a pre-charge circuit (if there is one). As to the reason why they actually fail, I’m not quite sure. I’ve only had one problem with my switch so far, it resolved itself, and I wasn’t there to experience it or troubleshoot.

1+ For next batch. Also where can I find that waterproof charge port?

Ebay!

Also, looks like the switches didn’t come this week. I have literally been waiting over two months for them now. I’ll be spending a premium for shipping/manufacture from the US for the next batch!

Hi vlad what values do the v1 switch resistors have? and if i m using a bms should i connect the board between the battery and bms or between the bms and esc?

I’d like to buy one of your switches. Any idea when they will be available?

1 Like

@VladPomogaev I would like to buy one too.

@VladPomogaev: I’m sitting on a few switches. Can I order without switch?

Hello everyone! Sorry for the long delay. I have some switches back in stock now!

First five customers, use the coupon code 5for5 to get five dollars off your purchase!

And here’s a photo:

http://currentcontrolsystems.com/product/4-4kw-high-power-switch-for-the-vesc-w-blue-led-toggle-button-v1-0/