Hobby King Motor Mount

Or just place washers between the mount and motor. That will create space to let the C clip to spin freely.

2 Likes

cast or not, it was milled

Why would anyone take the time to mill cast pot metal? If it was milled, then chances are it is plate aluminum. which is a good thing.

2 Likes

I was wondering the same thing.

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s aluminum and I’ll just add some washers below the mount so the C ring spin freely. The mount is pretty thick. About 8mm. Might be milled it has the milling marks but I dont know too much metal production

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I was going to do simple and easy. :pray:t4::pray:t4:

Got it ! Thank you. Is there a screw head that’s recommended? Hex vs Phillips

I like to use hex socket wherever possible, but if room is an issue I use button head socket.

Agreed. And if the holes aren’t recessed(which it doesn’t look like they are) I’d say get 12mm long M4’s.

Nice and so cheap damn! I will use this in my next build with caliber trucks because that looked fine on you pictures? What is the minimum and max centerdistance of this mount? I need it for calculating the belt length :slight_smile:

So i am not quite sure is 63xx motors compatible with this?

Scroll up 16 replies… read the thread before you ask questions.

Im sorry but he said looks like

12mm long m4 but what kind of screw? hex head? or what do you recommend?

and would 12mm be the correct length?

More than likely

fits very nicely, sturdy. I used a twine and estimated the belt length, looks like at 265 mm belt. And yes I went and got some m4 16mm fits perfectly, needed some extra length for the spacer for the cring to spin freely

7 Likes

Ordering now ! Haha :wink:

1 Like

so thats whats has to be done? so c clip is scraping on the mount, asking bc i am about to buy one

Clip will rotate with the shaft, you’ll need a washer larger diameter than the clip, just measure how much it is sticking out of the shaft, add few mm and get a washer. Mine is in the post already.