Hobby tech New Remote 2.4 controller - lower price

yes, it has a receiver and a loop key in the package to do the binding

I am no vesc expert but with “Current” configuration, when I accelerate I get progressive acceleration instead of constant acceleration, the one that I get with a normal ESC

I’m not sure about the % but If I push the throttle forward to +25% (75%) and keep it like that with a standard ESC I go to fixed speed X and it stays the same (on an ideal flat road, no air resistance lol)

If it do it on the vesc it will continue to accelerate slowly until it reaches almost max speed I think, this until i lower the throttle to +20% (or something similar), at this point it will stop accelerating and keep the same speed.

Oh, by reading this post I understood that this happens because I’ve set “Current” control (no reverse with brake), I didn’t tried the others yet but I’m very happy with this because I can use controllers like this compact one that are less precise than a trigger-style one but, thanks to current control they are more than ok because this mode requires less precision. It needs to vary the current “acceleration” value, not the overall power 0-100. Hope this makes sense :slight_smile:

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I’ve never had one single hiccup with my Nyko Kama in the past 6 months and I’ve been riding very often.

1 Like

I’d love to use a NC as remote but decided not to because of a few negative feedbacks about its reliability. Hearing that your works fine really makes me want to get one. What “Nunchuck-Receiver 2 VESC”-Module do you use? The Wiiceiver that isn’t available atm.?

Nyko kama works without an additional receiver with the VESc

Hmmm… Okay, the many posts and videos with people that use a custom pcb after the receiver irritated me.

I’ll a order a Nyko Kama and try it out following this tutorial:

Adding a channel to activate cruise control on the vesc with 2.4 remotes would still be awesome though.

Tip: After you open up the Nyko Kama receiver, don’t use or lengthen the wires that it comes with, desolder them and replace them with longer ones, long enough to put the receiver as far as possible from the VESC. Put the receiver back into it’s little case to protect it and hot-glue the whole thing shut (after testing). On the VESC side, hot-glue the jst-connector in place.

Thanks for these helpful tips! :slight_smile:

I have used Nyko Kama on many builds with and without wiiceiver. never had an issue with a properly soldered connection.

I don’t really understand where all this “negative feedback” comes from. I can only assume a lot of people aren’t doing it properly.

2 Likes