Hobbyking Battery sale :)

I bought a Meanwell LED driver, works fine! “only” 10 amps charging but you can switch between 10s 11s and 12s charging Without balancing of course… you need an extra bms

5a max!!! You don’t need an 8a charger…

2 Likes

Just interested why only 5a. Ok low current charging prolong the lifespan of the cell, but besides? I guess you use 30q cells for your packs. They rated with 1.5a standard charge and 4a max charge current. So even with 1.5 you already at 7.5a on the 5p pack. I bought that charger but didn’t used it till now, so in case I got something wrong, better to know it now :sweat_smile:

Well? Battery life is one thing, but melted balance wires and possibly fire would be what I would worry about. I know the wire I use can handle 4a. Above that, i would recommend upgrading your charge and balance wires.

3 Likes

If the main charging wires can handle 4a than sure don’t do it. But Charging current is not the balance current. I looked up the specs of my bms and it says, balance current is 120ma and that’s the only current which should flow over balance wires. Please correct me if I got something wrong, you the guy with more battery build experience.

David Bonde in Denmark, melted his negative charge lead with a 5a charger. He upgraded all of his charge and balance wires and has had no issues since.

1 Like

What’s the max amp rating of those 2.2mm charging ports?