Honey Driver | Honey Velocity v3 deck | Caliber II's | 83mm Evolve GT wheels | Dual OM5065 200kv | Space Cell Pro4 | DIY pulleys/Enertion pulley | Bones Super Reds | Enertion mounts | Winning remote | Chaka VESCs - **BUILD COMPLETE!**

I see. What about grinding the caliber iis down? I’ve heard that’s likely a situation we’ll both need to tackle. If you do that, post some pix so we know what we’re up against.

You mean grinding the trucks for the Enertion pulley? Or for the mount’s grub screw? I haven’t received my Enertion pulley’s yet so I’m using Kegels w/DIY’s mount that doesn’t need truck modification. As for the grub screw I just stuck my dremel down the hole on the mount (see pic) and drilled a little bit, took off the mount and continued drilling until the grub screw sank into the hole just a little bit (about 1mm).

10-4 on the grub. Since im going monodrive and 12mm belt I’ve read and seen in a video elsewhere on the interwebs that the 3D printed pulley screws thru the kegel 80mm require grinding the caliber shaft a bit otherwise the Bolts of the pulley will rub. Unfortunately DIY doesn’t yet have a 12mm pulley available for those wheels. Pretty tough to find actually

Awesome build! When do you get your spacecell pro4?

Not sure, still no solid eta from enertion for them. Hopefully within a week or two!

@jinra what did you decide to do about the motor pulley ? Did you say you were using Enertions motor pulley or DIY’s ? Did enertions motor pulley not keep the pulley secure on the motor shaft by itself ?

I’m going to use Enertion’s wheel pulley. I’ll be using torqueboards motor pulley. I didn’t get a key with any of the stuff though so I ordered a steel key stock on amazon.

Damn that sucks. Sorry to hear. I have an order from diy coming for motor pulleys too, I guess that means I will be looking for a key too. Can you send me a link to what you purchased on Amazon to use with your motor pulley ? thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0035FZTR6/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3/32" x 12" stock

@Jinra why did you choose the enertion mounts for your build?? also exactly which wheel pulley are you using enertion or diy, and if enertion why? because im trying to avoid those because of mod needed which im not a fan off doing also where did you get your motor pulley from

i ask all this because all im missing is my pulleys and mounts

im thinking diy pulleys with psycho mounts but arent sure atm i think enertion costs more due to shipping atm

enertion’s mounts are a bit lighter because they’re half carbon fiber and they fit 50mm motors. I currently have diy wheel pulleys for kegels but will probably switch to enertion’s and chop my trucks because i want to use my 83mm wheels and the pulley is a lighter plastic.

is the weight difference important are you trying to do a light as possible build??? i ask because it seems your current diy pulleys seem like they would be light enought

there’s no downsides on having lighter parts, so i thought might as well. I’d rather use 83mm wheels than kegels anyway.

Did this key stock work on Ollin’s motors? Need keys for my motors.

Thanks

it works, it’s just a little small so it’s not a snug fit, but it does what it’s supposed to. If you can find 3mm square stock, I imagine that would fit even better.

Small update,

I felt the center distance was a bit too tight for the belts, but the mounting bracket was already hitting the trucks, so I decided to grind down some of the hangar to give 1-2mm for the mounting bracket and ease up the belt tension.

Perfect!

I also decided to try my hand at getting the sensors working since chaka doesn’t offer his adapter yet and I found super cheaper JST 5-pin headers on ebay

I soldered the headers and connected it to the motors and it works great! The only problem was that the VESC has 6 pins on its hall encoder header (6th pin is Temperature which doesn’t exist on the motors). So I took the power pin off the JST plug and placed it directly into the 5v pin and plugged the JST header to the corresponding pins on the VESC. It’s hard to explain but see this pic:

As for the front motor, I needed to extend the sensor wires so I stripped a CAT6 (maybe CAT5E) cable and soldered them to the JST wires. The colors didn’t line up so I tried my best with this…

9 Likes

Got my Space Cell Pro 4 today! Finished up the rest of my build as well :slight_smile:

Drilling holes for the space cell enclosure.

Nice and flush (well flush enough for me)

Double checking the programming… don’t mind the mess :sweat_smile:

Test fitting. This eventually had the VESCs and receiver secured by industrial strength dual lock velcro.

All done!

13 Likes

This thing goes sooo fast. I’m used to full throttling on my Evolve GT on GT mode all the time, but I was scared by the speed and braking power of this board. So far so good, charging up to take to work tomorrow. Hope I don’t eat it on the way there.

2 Likes

I’ve got some quick questions :3 1)what sizes drill bit did you use to drill holes for spc4? 2)did you or are you gonna tread lock the spc4? 3) how did you bend the wires to the motor closer to the switch side?

1. i believe it was 1/4th inch. Don’t make the same mistake as me and try to widen it much further. My holes are a little loose (that’s what she said) and the nut doesn’t grip the wood very well. I’m going to fix this with wood glue.

2. No thread locker, it has enough tension i think, plus I’ll be opening it up to tinker.

3. I just bent them lol. Like i said silicone wire is very flexy.

1 Like