Horrible Communication By AlexTech

@Alextech Not one word of this is true. No contact has been made on your end. As far as I can tell you haven’t made any effort to resolve anything with anyone in this thread. Besides replying to me, Who have you contacted? Who have you shipped a complete order to? Who have you refunded? Who have you talked to?

1 Like

Just an update on my side, did get communication going again with @Alextech resulting in an echeck issued for refund which has been pending clearing his bank for a few days. So hoping that resolves itself promptly, but it all has to clear the bank before real progress.

3 Likes

@caustin did your echeck clear?

What about you @mccloed? Did you get your money back yet? Did Alex contact you with an eta? Anything?

1 Like

Nothing yet, still pending since Friday morning. Paypal says it takes 3-5 business days to clear an echeck, or for them to give be up trying to clear it. That should resolve itself one way or the other in the next 2 days so watching.

1 Like

Last update, my refund from @Alextech did clear so we are all straight now. Hope others find a good resolution as well.

8 Likes

I received my remote today as well. 9d shipping to EU, not bad. I’m happy with the transaction. Need to test the remote though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have filed a PayPal claim… still no response from @Alextech

2 Likes

Last email response to @Alextech has gone unanswered since Tuesday. No refund yet.

3 Likes

Been trying to contact @Alextech since monday about the refund, no response from him at all .

2 Likes

Lol, I’m going to post my experience here just for fun after dinner tonight. Might as well jump on this dog pile.

2 Likes

LoL Can’t wait…

so i’m just curious, what made everyone even buy from him to begin with? Don’t destroy me with spam, its just a question, :slight_smile: i’m just wondering how the heck so many just threw money at him. Was it his story?

1 Like

He posted himself as a retailer of parts and had some decent photos so we thought it was foreal

1 Like

I asked myself this very question on his board groupbuy…There’ was nothing about that board that made it stand out at all. The deck was awful. The deals weren’t even that good. What matters though, isn’t that. It’s that he is ripping people off in daylight. This can’t be allowed to happen on this forum.

5 Likes

Good point. I guess everyone starts somewhere in any business. Hopefully he learns a valuable lesson and makes better business decisions later in life. :slight_smile: Def, not trying to stone the guy but dang looks like the list is growing of bad service. Best of luck to everyone.

Ok. Jan I paid him $799 for the “Mach 1 Elite”. After requesting a refund in March I finally received the board a couple weeks later. Problem is, 1 of the 2 VESCs didn’t work, and the board and enclosure were both visibly cracked up. He told me I could ride it with one hub motor… so I did and promptly burned out that motor. Another month went by before he sent a replacement VESC. On the test run one of the VESCs burned out, along with another one of the hub motors.

I filed a claim with PayPal. Alex begged me to take it down and he would send a replacement setup with one satellite motor setup and refund me the difference of the regular mach 1 vs elite. He did send the replacement satellite setup and it worked great… Until the deck cracked in half a couple days after I got it running. I knew this would happen and had another deck on order.

Finally got everything up and running but never received a replacement enclosure, a refund for the deck (or a replacement deck) or the refund of the difference which he promised he would do. I told him early June that if he didn’t provide the refund as promised by 1 July that I would put the working parts from the first build up for sale on the forum (2x working VESCs, 1x working hub motor, and 1x set of caliber clone trucks). He kept asking for these parts back. The way I see it, the parts are worth more than the refund, so I’m just going to sell them and put the cost toward a VESC 6.0.

I don’t think this guy means to rip people off… But he makes a lot of promises he can’t/won’t keep and can’t do QC for crap. He also lies A LOT about shipping dates. More than once he told me the shipped something… I would ask him for a tracking number and he would send it to me days later; the number reflected a ship date of that day and not the date originally stated.

In a way, I’m glad his product has been so screwed up because it forced me to learn more about esk8 electronics and now I feel like I’m almost ready to make my own original build. But yeah… Can’t recommend him to anyone.

With all that said, anyone need a working VESC or two? Caliber clone trucks with one working hub? Lol.

8 Likes

He seems very genuine. I thought I was going to get a working esk8 with decent customer service. Way way wrong. Hind sight is 20/20.

3 Likes

What do you guys think i should do, i didn’t use paypal to buy the board. Please help !

I don’t know dude. PayPal couldn’t help me because I opened and closed a claim once already and now I can’t open a new one or reopen the old one. I originally paid for the board on Jan. Even if I got a working board in April it was already too late to start a new claim. You could ask for a refund… Report him to the BBB?

What is a BBB ? I’m new on the forum, sorry .