How can I change the battery indicator on my diyeboard ESC/Battery?

You can pick up a switch at Lowe’s or Home Depot for like $3

Be careful which one you buy, not all of them are waterproof…and from what I remember the voltage reader can be connected directly to the diye Esc, allowing it to turn on via the switch. Just use the original connection of the old one.

Can I wire it to the power switch that came with my esc?

@telnoi elnoi The connection on my esc for the battery indicator is a 5 pinned connection

No. How was the original voltage reader connected? Just replicate the original connection.

I would just get a bluetooth module, its cheap, easy, and it gives accurate info unlike some indicators that shows percentages

Just realized that a bluetooth module is cheaper than an indicator

Just use this indicator @queue_together. It has a auto turn off feature so it wont drain the battery continuously. I have this indicator installed on 2 of my boards, works great!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-ACID-LED-Lead-Battery-Capacity-Indicator-Charge-Power-Level-Tester-Voltmeter/232568974492?hash=item362630ec9c:g:rNEAAOSwUnFZtejy.

Just following up for anyone still curious. The battery drain is unnoticeable - my board has been idle for a few weeks and the percentage has remained the same. The DROK has a stand-by setting that uses a negligible amount of power until activated. I have it connected directly to the battery.