How can I reduce VESC overheating?

What about running heat stinks and fans on each side of vesc. I’m going to do that tbh but idk if the vesc can take running two of these .02a fans on 5v?

7mm thin!

I’m having the same problem with overheating vesc on flat grounds. I was running bldc with no problem but now i tried foc and it overheats. I thought its because of my longer wires under the grip tape. I will try heatsinks and bigger capacitor. Whatcha think?

Welp guys I’ll help you out and wish you good luck with cooling it :

Active cooling with fan on these areas works too.

2 Likes

Where to?

My heat sink is going to be shaped like this and have fans on both sides sucking air in from shrink wrap then out battery lead side with shrink wrap closed on motor wires side!

1 Like

Obviously not as big, flush to the mosfet unit

I don’t want to advertise in this forum too much, but in my opinion is cheaper just to buy a case witch would act as heatsink and solve most of the problems you have…

They have HW 4.xx so cases won’t resolve it like HW 6.4 with Alu case (and the standard case is only decent IMHO : raw alu lump + thermal pad with limited temp dissipation is better than nothing but still…).

Looking forward to see this cooling tunnel!

1 Like

Alright I’m waiting on my other flat heat sink set to come in. Copper dissipates heat better than aluminum and I have made two heat sink for my antispark switch mosfets! I will also have another heat sink on the top of these as shown with a fan on each side of my vesc pulling air in the shrink wrap onto the mosfet heat sinks. then the air flow will exit out of the switch end with the shrink wrap sealed at the motor wire end.