How do I add temp sensors to a motor and wire them to a VESC?

I don’t think so, one leg goes to the sensor pin on the vesc and the other leg to ground. Simple.

I have trampa motors, HW 4.12 and FW 3.26, the motor temperature realtime data is working and motor temp cutoff should work, too but I never got the motors that hot.

So you have a VESC 6, right ? Semms the motor temp is implemented then in the new Firmwares.

what maximum Watts or Amps*Volts are you using on the Motor ?

No, I have dual V4.12 with the new 3.26 firmware and the new VESC tool instead of BLDC tool. Additional to VESC 6 Vedder programmed new firmware for the old hardware 4.xx, too in combination with VESC tool. I’m a beta tester but the new firmware and VESC tool should be public soon.

Yes, but FW 2.18 and BLDC tool can’t deal with motor temp sensor, but FW 3.26 can do it. In VESC tool you can monitor realtime data of mosfet temp & motor temp, it’s great! Here a screenshot, it’s T Motor :grinning:

On my MTB I run my motors in FOC and 45A motor max each, just for safety but I also gonna try 50-60A (the motors are rated 60A) and see if there is a difference but it’s still very powerful. I found out that motors with hall sensors need FOC for proper startup, The new firmware has a lot of improvements regarding FOC.

2 Likes

Whoo, I’m really looking forward to the release, can’t wait to see the functions of the new tool.

one Question in advance: does it have a “Watt-controll” like @Ackmaniac 's BLDC-Tool and the option of adding cruise controll to a RC-> PPM control like (GT2B-receiver)??

greets Notger

There is no Watt control mode but adjustable throttle curve. There are also improvements in FOC. I doubt cruise control is possible like in FW 2.54 but I’m sure @Ackmaniac will work on a new mod once FW 3.26 is public. I hope so because his app is not working with the new FW and V4.12

The app works with it, but only for like 5 minutes. Then it doesn’t work anymore (could be 5 min or after a restart). just thought the UART connections are fried because of a broken Bluetooth module. But when you flash the firmware back to 2.54 it works again. So it must be software related. But at the moment it only is possible to show the reltimedata.

Hey Ackmaniac, love your app, had it running a couple of days with FW 2.54 and 2.18. With FW 3.26 the app connects to the HM-10 but the realtime data values stay zero. After FW downgrade it worked again as you said. I run FOC with FW 3.26 now and won’t downgrade again so I’m looking forward to use your app in the future because it’s great, thumbs up!

I’m assuming vedder has changed the firmware quite a bit. Just as started putting together the 2.18 firmware in my mind.

Is there any way I can get my hands on this firmware? Need to update my app asap for this firmware.

As far as I know it should be released soon.