How do I build a dual motor electric longboard?

What motor above should I consider to get ?

Thanks for all of your support :grinning::grinning:

What voltage are you running

1 Like

I am not sure what voltage I will be running, but does anyone have any recommendations for a small and cheap cruising deck that could work. I have a locker at school which I hoped it could fit in. It is a regular size locker with two lockers on top of each other.

Hahaha thanks

May wanna edit your post there lol

3 Likes

Haha yea maybe edit that a bit :joy:

1 Like

That was nickname in high school, it’s still psychotiller :blush:

1 Like

Hi, I have decided to go with the one Motor build, but I am not sure of what motor to get. I will buy these things

I Will buy a motor but i am not sure what KV to get What would you guys recommend I only weigh 60 kg but I live in a really hilly area It would be best if it was from Hobby King Thanks​:grinning::grinning::grinning:

Ideal motor kv depends on wheel diameter and battery voltage. We need to know those before we can give a recommendation. A 6374 size motor should be a good size for you.

1 Like

I think of building my own battery so I am not sure what what voltage I will be running but I will probably run 83mm wheels what are common voltages for batteries and what’s the difference ?

Common esk8 batteries are 6s (22.2v), 8s (29.6v), 10s (37v), and 12s (44.4v). Higher voltages allow more power, and require lower KV motors.

With electric circuits, power is volts times amps. Assuming your amps stay the same, higher voltage gives more power.

If your power stays the same, more volts means less amps, which means you can use thinner wire, and generates less heat.

1 Like

Hi, it has been a while, but I have bought this kit.

I just wounderd what battery I shooed use and what charger.

I have also have this motor,

but this motor does not have the small cutout in the axel so I can not use the little bit to securely fasten the motor to the gear. Does anyone have any good ideas.

I also wonder if you can combined 2 battery’s and charge as one, and if there is any way to charge lipos without taking the battery’s out of the enclosure.

And what enclosure shooed I get, I wonder if I could buy a kydex sheet and form it. If i do this how do I fasten the enclosure to the board in a nice way.

Sorry for spelling

But thanks for all of the amazing support. :slight_smile:

The Sk3 motor does not have a keyway, but the motor that comes with the Hobby King kit does have one. Have you received the kit? Or use green loctite on the Sk3 motor shaft.

Try forming kydex, there’s good info here and on youtube. Or look to psychotiller for a variety of sizes. It will depend on the battery you choose.

1 Like

But how to I pick a battery that fits my motor and VESC.

please read more before posting

2 Likes

This might be of help.

1 Like

Quick setup and configuration video.

2 Likes

Hi guise. I have searched for a battery, and I found this.

I think of buying 2. Will this work with this motor And this Kit(VESC)

I also think of buying this charger. will it work? But it sess Power supply not included. What power supply do I need.

And this parallel board to charge booth battery’s at the same time. Will this work?

Will this all work.

Thanks for the help. :slight_smile:

1. You’ll need two batteries to get a 10s because a 5s is to small to run an esk8
  2. If you get those motors you’ll need to set an erpm limit to 60k or you could burn your vesc
  3. the conversion kit only incudes 1 vesc and only 1 pully (you need two for dual)
  4. Idk about your charger because your battery will be a 10s, so it’ll only charge one battery at a time. I also don’t know how that parallel charging board works. So I would ask someone about your charging setup.

That’s wrong, it will work. It’s made for 10s.

1 Like