How do I get more distance? (or am I dumb?)

Errrr… that sounds like a dead parallel pack

1 Like

When I assembled it I measured across each balance lead and it all added up as I went as it should have. I wrote it all down on my dry erase board at one point.

I think you may have been right about how it might have been a cell that may be disconnected somewhere.

I am about to measure them here before I try charging it again and I’ll report back. Thanks again guys for the help here.

Here is my charger… It’s a 48v charger. Which now that I think of it may be too much.

That’s no bueno unless the BMS shut off the voltage after it reached 42v

Well shit… that sucks… a 15$ charged fucked 200$ of batteries…

That is way too much. You need a 42v charger

1 Like

A couple of charges with that and she’s dead.

I hope that didn’t damage the bms as well.

Well damnit…

Into the trash it goes. Ill pick up a 42v charger, I just pulled the enclosure off and I am going to measure out everything. I think the BMS should be what cuts it down, and if there is an issue it would be what I might need to replace if the charger damaged it…

I knew it might be because I am dumb…

Well hopefully the bms is not damaged. It still turns on right? and there was no smoke right? These are good signs.

1 Like

So I measured everything out across the balance leads. This is still after riding and is not charged yet.

1- 3.7v (3.7v) 2- 7.3v (3.6v) 3- 11v (3.7v) 4- 14.1v (3.1v) Bad one I guess. 5- 17.7v (3.6v) 6- 21.4v (3.7v) 7- 25.1v (3.7v) 8- 28.8v (3.7v) 9- 32.5v (3.7v) 10- 36.2v (3.7v)

The battery at the connection with it on is reading 36.2 as well as the 10 lead so the BMS isn’t dropping anything.

No problems and it reads great across it, still works great.

The Connections at the VESCs also reads at 36.2v as well, I need to hook up my computer to see what the BLDC tool says the voltage is, but Im not expecting it to differ much.

Is this a better charger?

my 26650 Basen Li-ions would sag from 70% charge to 30% or 40% when going up a 10% grade! The 25R’s Iv’e heard are known for their sag as well. It could be the sag is due to the type of cells and because a 3p is only 60a. If your running duals at say 30a each. You could be maxing out the battery which will cause sag especially when the pack is already down to 36v. At lower voltage, your gonna draw more amps and thats gonna cause more sag.

Ya but you can get a better deal on eBay

1 Like

And I know I have the dual motor setup and it is a bit aggressive on my BLDC settings, so I know I am pulling some juice. I guess I could adjust it so that it’s not as mean on the acceleration.

Should I look at taking my pack apart for that #4 cell?

Free Shipping

1 Like

I was just looking at that.

Not sure, need to know what the voltage was when it was discharged. If you had a hobby charger or a power supply, you could isolate and charge that pack without taking it out.

there are some other chargers on eBay that already have the same connector as your board.